PVA Mesh Help

Terry D

Reaction score
Went to use some PVA mesh tubing filled with pellets and hemp for barbel the other day. After 15 minutes, reeled in to find a big soggy lump of PVA still clinging to the hook. Tried again only this time lightly hooked through the middle of a ball only to come back with a smaller lump still on the hook after 15 minutes. I know my mesh hasn't been used for over 4 years now so I'll put it down to that, so can anyone recommend some good PVA mesh refills please?

barbelboi

Reaction score
I believe it's really personal opinion these days so have a look at this Terry.
Jerry

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-TtFu6Wp4]Tackle on Test. The Best Of...PVA Mesh. - YouTube[/ame]

Morespiders

Reaction score
You may find terry that its old , should melt off quick in this weather, try it at home and watch it, think you will find its gone off

Terry D

Reaction score
Thanks for your help chaps, I definitely think my stuff has gone off somewhat!

agamemnon

Reaction score
ive tried many types of mesh and had the same probs as you now i use esp and never had this problem. the rreally wierd thing is i only find this happens with mesh and hardly ever happens with pva bags

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I'm surprised by those tank test results as most seemed to take an awfully long time to melt. Much longer than the stuff I tend to use though I've no particular brand preference. Tested a couple of bags of mine and they were gone well inside a minute.

Mind you I'm not trying to do anything particularly clever & I dont use PVA that often. Am I missing something ?