Pva

mikench

Reaction score
...... And I started out on my taking up fishing again thinking I would just need a rod ,reel, line ,hooks and a rod rest!!!!!:wh

robtherake

Reaction score
Mike, I have more tat than I'll ever use, all of which was so important at the time that I simply had to have it. Despite all of the must-have gadgetry and bait paraphernalia the simple approach is just as effective as it once was. :)

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Do the pellets/groundbait you use have to be dry! What happens if they are damp?

Does the bait, the weight and a short hooklength all go into the PVA bag/mesh or is the hooklength with bait atteched kept seperate?

With dampened pellet I dust it with dry groundbait.

If you use a quick change hooklink attachment take the hooklink off then push a baiting needle through your PVA bag, pull the hooklink through til the baited hook pulls into the bag. Re-attach it and bingo..

mikench

Reaction score
I can't wait to try out all this carry on with a nonchalant air of someone who does it regularly but who in truth hasn't a clue!:) that is the fun of fishing!

If I die Rob don't let my wife sell my stuff for what I said I paid for it!:wh

mikench

Reaction score
Got my stuff today so,weather permitting I will try it out tomorrow!

New rod, PVA, some different pellets and ground bait, those fancy weights recommended by Robtherake; there will not be enough hours in the day to try them all!

I hope I am alone!!!:)