Rain

J

jason fisher

can't mate got a girl coming over from sheffield for a couple of days weds thurs next week or i'd have seriously considered it.

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Oooh a sheffield bird!

You're gonna get banged into the bed like a rusty nail in to a bit of two by four!!

:O)

J

jason fisher

no i couldn't handle 2 of em, though the thoughts a nice one. she's just a friend.

M

matt thomas

just an observation on the trent but it is well low,the old weir at beeston is visible all along and the gravel beach around the corner nearly stretches to the slate beds on the other side with just a tight channel through the middle.

found a nice deep hole full of barbus though-had eight out tonight in 4 hours,all good condition ,all fightin fit and returning strong,best 9.4 although i was seen off by something that felt bigger,bloody fox barbel braid- 7 quid and its going in the bin.

F

Frothey

plenty of rain here at the mo.....just hope it makes it to lords!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

You are a Pommy ninny Dave.

Can't face being thrashed by the Southern Hemisphere.

Any cricket team that prays for rain to avoid a defeat are not men in my opinion :eek:)

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Lots of lovely rain here in W. Glos. at the moment and I'm praying that its gonna tip down all round Plynlimmon for the next two days as well. To hell with the ashes lets get the rivers back into shape, its far more important.

The thing I fear though is that its not forecast to last and after a prolonged dry spell like we have just experienced most of the rain will be soaked up by the ground and not fill up the rivers. Unfortunately when rivers rise quickly they go down just as quick so it needs a prolonged spell of wet weather to keep them in fettle.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
All that lovely rain is going to fall in the south. North of Cheshire there is going to be, as we say, nowt.I've got next week booked off work as well. What a bloody disaster. This is the one, and probably only time in my life that I wish I was a southern softie!

W

Welsh Goff

Loadsa rain here started 1.30 am and its still comeing down.

L

Les Clark

I spoke to soon ,its stopped ,don`t look like we are going to get much at all.

F

Frothey

i might be a pommy ninny ron, but at least i'm patriotic pommy ninny.....

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Just started raining here lightly in Norfolk. It might of held off till this evening to give us a chance of playing a bowls tournament in the dry.
I suppose you can't have your cake and eat it.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
the rain yesterday morning pushed the Stour up 6 - 8 inches, still clear. But the rafts of floating scum on the weedbeds has been washed away. sadly this will mean lower water when it returns to normal.

Dog Buscuit,

If you want to find barbel, chub, bream and roach on the Stour I suggest that you do what I spent 2 hours doing on saturday morning - reconnaisance with a pair of polaroids! If I tell you where the fish are they might not be there in September, far better you do your own searching. I saw thousands of roach to 2lb, perch to 2lb, chub to 6lbs, barbel to 10lbs, bream to 6lbs plus pike dace etc. It will be time well spent.