Record Fish Programme

P

Phil Hackett 2

So Jason’s might become a southern “Yonner” then? Bloody hell! You’ll need your all year round thermals and ice axe if you do. Hope it’s not Delph, Saddleworth or Greenfield, you’ll freeze to death up there. And you’ll never get on with the phsyco babblers and bullshiters that live in that domain. Very cultured you see…

You’ll also need several other essential items, a brass wind instrument and an oversized pair of wellies, for indulging in the regional pastime with sheep. Oh! And I nearly forgot, a good phrase book and/or an interpreter for the first twelve months.
Eeey byyy gummmm!

Two words to start you off with, so you can get some practicing in. Bus and cherry are pronounced Buzz and churry. A bit like curry with an H in it.
For the brass wind instrument, an understanding of New World Symphony would be quite helpful, but just think of it as the Hovis tune, as they don’t know the difference. As it all sounds the same when it’s murdered on euphonium.

P

Phil Hatton

Bugger me Phil !! you sound like a native.
You forgot the fanatical adherence to boxing and Rugby League though and the fat, big- mouthed women with tattoos.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Enough about my mother Phill. You will be turning all them soft southerners on with talk like that of our women. They only breed stick insects down south.

P

Phil Hatton

Right mate , if you slap it and it doesn't wobble then its no good.

W

Wolfman Woody

Don't forget Jason's a Yorkshireman and knows all about brass bands, rugby and sliding down slag heaps. The language will quickly come to him, but one bit of useful advice as he moves west of the Pennines - DON'T WEAR A WIDE BRIMMED HAT - Jason.

The rain up there will drum you into the ground.

I don't think he'll stick it. He's like me, I've gone all native and find it's bloody cold up there now.

L

Les Clark

cheeky monkey, you have heap`s of slag`s up there,better let the Monk know!

J

jason fisher

I can still speak yorkshire when i need to phil an i used to play the trombone when i was little but they play the wrong rugby for me i'll have to start goin to sale.

i'm just hoping the fishings not too bad i've been a bit spolied round here 10 minutes from the thames, windrush linear fisheries an all them easy southern waters.

P

Phil Hatton

The fishing can't be described as bad but neither is it great,you have to cut your cloth as they say. We are reasonably close to some excellent waters but none of them are easy. As the great Kevin Ashurst once said, 'down south they fish for pounds, oop north we fish for bites'. If you let us know what you are looking for then I am sure the lads will help you out.

P

Phil Hackett 2

Jason
The Monk can tell you the best places in Oldham, Rochdale, Ashton, Manchester and every town in between to catch Ruffe Slappers :0)

N

Nick Austin 2

I think the monument is a bit over the top..... and to make it worse, that twollop des watsit from the times sponsors it dosn't he!...
Iv'e probably saved about ?40 since i stopped buying the mag they allow him to vent his crap in!...

J

jason fisher

it's what i'd catch off the ruffe slappers that worries me and the effects of the wife finding out i'd been catching ruffe slappers too.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ney lad, thee get thi sen down ere, an cop off wi a bint or two.

W

Wolfman Woody

Aye, there's bandy legged women in Cheshire who couldn't stop a pig in a ginnel.

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Why is everyone slagging off those poor unfortunates that happen to live in Rochdale, Oldham etc?

So long as they stay there they are doing the rest of us a big favour!

That said, I wonder if Graham knows if those huge Chesire bream are still alive and swimming in the meres up there?

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The latest one I heard of yesterday came out at over 16lb. so far it's only rumor.