Redmire

camo

Reaction score
Though the lake was drained to 4ft and netted they did not see all the inhabitants, in fact the only large carp netted was Raspberry all the others escaped unseen, carp can bury themselves in silt and the sein net would go over their heads. Also I do beleive that some actually lept over the top of the net too.

F

Frothey

and then theres the infamous "bottomless hole" it was said to contain (like almost every lake!)

G

Glen Howell

I spent last weekend at Redmire and blanked :) (and so did the other three guys there). To be honest I was overawed by the place, sitting in the same swims that Walker and Yates have fished. It is a great place, you can sit in the trees and watch the carp milling around in the shallows. Reading the log book it seems that most people fail to catch. There have been some 20's out this year but the "Big Linear" remains uncaught, but not unseen. The water is as clear as my Koi pond, you can see trout pellets on the bottom in 8ft of water! The bailiff assures me that the Linear will be 40+ when it finally comes out. If it does I am sure that will make a few headlines.

PS: The eels are still there, but not that big.