River Carp

S

sash

And what happens if the mainline breaks? Cue fishing towing the entire contraption. You should never have the mainline tied to any kind of leader using a swivel.

S

sash

And braid mainline can break/shear through more easily than mono in some circumstances.

C

Chub King

With Sash there. Best way to attach leadcore, or any other leader, is loop-to-loop (although you can use knots if you want). Don't use swivels as they often compromise safe breakaway of the rig and can tether fish. I tie loops with a double overhand knot which is probably some kind of faux pas but has never let me down yet.

C

Cakey

Back on my river tomorrow now that my finger is a lot better,my problem is the water is crystal clear,I can see them and they can see me.
one thing I noticed last time there they wasnt the slightest bit interested in my line they never touched it but they never spooked either,just swam in and out like any other snag.

p.s. apart from a 10lb common they wasnt interested in bait either.

john walker 2

Reaction score
try a swan mussell or two with a minmum fuss setup, you may be nicely surprised
at the reaction...j.w

J

jason fisher

step 1 make a small island from well fermented maize.

step 2 fish to the margins of said island.

step 3 land loads of carpses.

J

jason fisher

on bait volumes, i'd look to be getting down a 5 gallon brewing bucket of maize in a 2 day session.

P

paul williams 2

Lilly pads and tutti frutti boilies......started catching em on the Warwick avon whilst barbel fishing with pellet......the old Tutti sorted em even better!
Is tutti still available tho?!