river trent carp match!

B

Billy boy smuffy[cheers cakey!]

dont mis-understand me jonny i am not bothered by cold personaly,i live in yorkshire were its bloody freezing most of the time!!just that i would not expect to catch many carp / barbel from a river in march, unless we have some freak tropical weather, or we are near a warm water outfall?or does thames fish well in cooler weather?my local rivers are a waste of time for carp/barbel through worst of winter weather,iam assuming most rivers are same,although weathers always a bit warmer darn sarf, if u know what i mean!!

njb51

Reaction score
Should be ok considering its approaching spring Billy, it'l be fine. The weather will have warmed up quite a bit compared to now.

B

thanks jonny,whats best fish youve had out cliveden strech?....

njb51

Reaction score
not fished it yet so we'd be on the same level when we are there.

It's not a competition either, but a nice Fish-In, you can make your own competitions between you.

B

okey dokey mate,not interested in match myself just a bit of banter before,just glad 2 get out fishing somewhere different,and have crack with a few likeminded anglers ,see u there chap!!

D

DANIEL SMITH

are kids going soft,not interested in match! theres two sides to every story.
but on the other hand it will be good to meet new faces and fish with other anglers who are on the same wave lenght.
so i also look forward to the fish in i dare say my mate shep be interested two so keep us all informed should be a good bash.

C

Cakey

I like fish-ins,even if I dont fish half the time Im still learning !

D

DANIEL SMITH

thats why i like this sort of avent!
the bloke next to you may not be catching but he may have one or two tips under his belt that will ensure he/she dont blank
and dont mind having a natter and swopping ideas ,tips etc with others so all this helps me learn to. so like you cakey may not have a rod in the water all the time like watching others fish just as much as doing it myself.
its about taking part for me!thats about it just like to enjoy it.

B

dont wory dannyboy i will put u right if your not catching ! [as usual!!]

njb51

Reaction score
thats why we aren't having a match danny, well, not as such.

There may be some prizes for biggest fish or biggest total catch or something like that, but we haven't worked that bit out yet.

B

Billy boy smutty[cheers again cakey!]

by long distance award , i take it you mean for largest amount of miles travelled flakey?

B

if thats the case i will win hands down,cos i will be setting of from alnwick northumberland,calling at chesterfield derbyshire for my tackle then driving to cliveden ,down sarf some where!!then sunday ev i will have to do it all again,but other way round of course!!but hey distance is no object when fishing is envolved..............

B

alnwick 2 chesterfield 200 miles, chesterfild to cliveden 200 miles[poss more not worked it out yet!]then same miles on return journey rougly 800 miles!!! hope your goner bother with trent fish in / match. i think i will be showing plenty of willing , hope you do to!!!