roach sunday 001.jpg

• Thread starter Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)
  • Start date
T

The Monk

Yes Peter it was a strange first post for the guy to make, most new posters say Hi I`m a newbie or something along those lines??

Barbel Hunter

Reaction score
Monk & All who have jumped to defended this.

Firstly in my defence I am not a newbie to this site - just because one doesn't have hours of free time to post on forums doesn't make one a newbie! I even won a prize a few months back for one of my photo's I shared on this site!

I was prompted to post because I think sites like this and the angling media in general should wake up and act more responsibly.

Secondly the issue wasn't about the use of a keepnet and shows how these threads develop like chinese whispers. The issue was of placement of fish in a tight space, with the net just laid on the bank with no type of wet mat underneath. I have no issue with any angler using a well sized, pegged out keep net.

Thirdly just because I called myself "Barbel hunter" (a site name only) it doesn't make me a record chaser! I fish on the R.Derwent in Derbyshire and still don't have a double to my name. Does this bother me - NO. Reason being I just like to fish and enjoy what I catch whatever. I also happen to enjoy roach fishing with a stick float and centre pin from time to time and have had such catches of my own in the past. I just don't think you need to display the catch in such a way. A photo of the best fish with a little write up would have been sufficient.

And finally if you believe youonly took one minute to movethose fish fromkeep net to landing net and then back in the waterthen you move a lot faster than I can.

T

The Monk

Phew!, well that certainly put me in my place
pel5.gif

no offence mate, your hearts in the right place and I have said i share your sentiments if you check out my earlier post and my latter post I simply said it appeared a little strange, which appears to be a reasonable comment and not a critism!

T

The Monk

Oh and congradulations on the prize BC, well deserved, although I hope it wasnt a very expensive Barbel rod or Deanos will be on your case!