Rod License Enforcement

terry m

Reaction score
I guess my experience is based on day ticket waters where you pay, dip your net, blah blah blah before you are allowed onto the water. Refusing day anglers who are unable to produce the EA on that type of water would be easy and effective.

For waters where you start fishing and then get a ticket from a visiting owner or bailiff it would of course be much tougher to implement.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
I'm sure that I'm not 'unique' and Ive probably mentioned this on another occasion, but for a couple of years now the EA has sent me a laminated poster asking for the club to ask for license details before we sell a permit.
Also on my clubs application forms there is a request for applicants to provide a photocopy of their rod license. It ain't rocket science.

I suggest that everyone with an interest contact their area EA office as early New Year they will be holding courses on just what an ordinary angler/club official can/cant do and ask for.

Not that I'm a fan of commercial waters, but just try fishing at the Angel ot North fishery without a license

Last edited:

Carlos

Reaction score
I went to a fishery last year. Had the wrong year with me, remembered this years was in my other bag, the guy wouldn't let me fish. I shook his hand and said great decision. I made the trip there and back (nearly 2 hours) to get the license.

I think a general request for all fisheries (club or otherwise) to insist on seeing a license or copy of one would be good. Even if a large amount didn't more would and the revenue would increase and those not doing it could be the prime focus for the EA.

Reaction score
Given the EA's lack of funds or will to check licenses across the country, why not put the onus on the fishery owners to check for a valid license?

You should protest about having to have 1
Up here in scotland
the fishing is very successful without the need for any license
It is just a money making scam, Same as most things
Show a bit solidarity
Have organised protests against it
If it really does benefit the place you fish , Then thats fine
but if the money you have paid is siphoned away elsewhere
then questions need to be asked, As to who has your money

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
canabalspinners......I think you'd better get yourself down to St Pauls with a dash of speed and join the protesters. One or two tents still available for the weeks leading up to Christmas. Morning coffee in bed is extra........(add smilie things as required)

I hope this is not semi political.............................

I'd like to see a EA man (or women!) to whom I could show my licence. Do they exist or have the 'cuts' done for them??

This must be borderline as well....

Reaction score
canabalspinners......I think you'd better get yourself down to St Pauls with a dash of speed and join the protesters. One or two tents still available for the weeks leading up to Christmas. Morning coffee in bed is extra........(add smilie things as required)

I hope this is not semi political.............................

I'd like to see a EA man (or women!) to whom I could show my licence. Do they exist or have the 'cuts' done for them??

This must be borderline as well....

People up here hardly buy permits never mind a license
But i enjoyed your post
Quality

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I would like to see more commercial lakes and angling clubs require to see evidence of a valid EA Licence as a condition of entry or membership of the club.

One or two of the larger clubs in my area already ask for a copy of your licence when renewing or applying for membership.