Rubbish

dezza

Reaction score

Wheelie bins are a waste of time.

Take a couple of bin liners and use them. If the outing is only for one day, a plastic bag will hold all your litter including your dog ends where applicable.

flightliner

Reaction score
This is was what greeted me when I went to a lake on Tuesday. This was just one tiny little swim.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 512KB.
Shine- dont worry too much--with a diet like that, the culPRATS will be dead soon anyway.

The Piker

Reaction score
As i am a bailiff i see the worst side of humanity in all forms..

And one of the worst things any angler can do is to leave litter, rubbish ect..

These mindless morons give themselves away,they chuck fishing related rubbish away..

Stuff that only fishermen would have,so these morons can not blame it on say canoeists or ramblers..

Total idiots each and every one of them,but they are the first to moan when

they loose the fishing rights..:mad:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Not only rubbish

I fish a river where the farmer places a doubled wired fence to stop his sheep falling in the river. Its only fixed by metal push in stakes and its ok to pull the fence out of the ground to fish as long as you put it back. Occassionally some anglers dont bother to do this. Unbelievable really, and I havnt even mentioned the rubbish!

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Off subject a little, but the likes of Macdonalds, KTF etc, should have an extra tax levied on them just to pay for the clearing away their packaging/cartons from our roadsides.
I'm sure its not unique to where I live, but for a 2-3 mile radius from my local Big Mac's the country verges are covered in the stuff. Worse even than the overnighters who leave all their rubbish in carrier bags tied to the bushes.

After the first grass cutting of the year the road sides are covered in chewed-up paper and plastic.

Last edited:

jcp01

Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread but have just returned from a multi species jamboree on the Wark's Avon, and here is my on-bank rubbish report...

It does seem that yer average barbel angler is one filthy ****.

Glorious near bank gravel bars and glides, pristine and untouched otherwise, littered with discarded meat tins and rip tops, glaring in the midday sun.

Undergrowth peppered with Stella, and an unfeasibly large quantity of Frenzied Hemp, cans.

All swims come with a plethora of trodden-in mass produced barbel fishing small items of end tackle packaging...

Far bank bushes festooned with pendant feeders.

A horrible build up and disgusting really, as the only other evidence of litter seen anywhere along miles of bank was the long standing and by now mouldering if visible remains, of the tree trapped evidence of last years floods.

Last edited:

r1paul

Reaction score
I belong to two clubs down here in the south east and must be very very lucky , both clubs are 99.9% rubbish free , you are bound to clear any rubbish in your swim regardless if it is yours or not , but to be true , it is hard to find any , all I can say is credit to all members of both clubs .:) :cool:

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Off subject a little, but the likes of Macdonalds, KTF etc, should have an extra tax levied on them just to pay for the clearing away their packaging/cartons from our roadsides.

I think they do in some form or another but I'd have to check.