Rugby Tackle

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
Hi All

Is the following events normal for this company?

On the 30th of May I placed an order over the Web for 4 items, back came the standard electronic reply ( order No etc).

After about 8 days I e-mailed to check my order status, NO REPLY.

A couple of days later I did the same, NO REPLY.

A day later I phoned, I spent 10 mins quoting my full order, not good enough!, my full name and address, not good enough!, gave the young lady my order number, ah!! a result, the order is with the dispatch dept, fantastic, could you transfer me so I can speak with them, NO, why?, no one there.
OK OK I give up, just tell me are all the items in stock, dunno!, it's almost the 16th when will me parcel be dispatched, dunno we are busy!, a complete and utter waste of my time.

Just in case the mails are not arriving,I sent an other e-mail from a different isp address, this time a bit stronger saying if you don't want my money just refund me, not done!! (yet).

Well I feel a tad hacked off, and suspect my mails are not reaching the people who matter, I cannot believe the owner would allow this type of service, I guess a letter sent via the Royal mail would be intercepted too.

Yes, I would normally buy local if I can, but these items are not available to me locally.

Is this case just a one off, or have you had the same with this outfit.

Regards Gary B....

Joskin

Reaction score
Its not a one off mate I had the exact same thing happen to me when I ordered some gear from them. Sent loads of emails and not one reply but the gear turned up after around 2 weeks.

Milo

Reaction score
Never used their mail order service but, I have popped in when camping in the area. Have to admit, I found Banks & Burr to be a better shop, they we're pretty helpful and not far from Rugby Tackle either.

Gary Blackwell

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, you have said what I expected to hear, I'm a bit wiser now and will never use this outfit again, in general I have had good service over the web, Poingdestres, Ted Carter, Swiftys all very good, I do live out in the sticks so mail order is often my only means of getting what I need without doing miles of travelling.

Good news is that it's about 2 weeks since I ordered my gear, LOL.

Thanks again Gary B....,

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Rugby tackle are near to me, but in twenty years never felt the need to use them. As milo said - Banks and Burr just down the road service 100% every time! They also do mail order I believe. Chasing the "bargin" can sometimes be a false economy, somtimes better to pay the extra fiver.