SCUM poison Kingfisher lakes

F

Frothey

how many natural lakes do you see with airators? they are only needed if theres not enough oxygen.... ie too many fish!

exploding fish now..... hmmmmmm...... i wonder where they were sourced from and how long in the lake?

steveo

Reaction score
EXPLODING FISH!!!...Sounds like the Sun has got wind of this incident.

Its all starting to smell a bit fishy and I aint talking about the contents of Baldricks Apple Crumble.

Bleeding gills and gasping swollen up fish,Ive seen this on odd fish which have been infected by a parasite that eats the gill rakers but not often and not all the fish at once.Sounds more to me like a virus has had the poor fish.Seen something like this wipe out Broadlands many years back.

Still I find it hard to think that someone could or would do something as sick as poisoning a lake of fish but then also I wouldnt be that surprised considering the acts of crualty and violence that the human race is capable of./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

dean?o

Reaction score
i am fairly local to this area andsadly there are a few peoplearound who would poison the water for self gain. i have never fished there and am truely sorry to hear of such a thing. i hope in some respects that it was a virus and not deliberate. for some1 to lose everything she worked for due to some1 else is horrible to say the least. it will be interesting to see what the tests throw up. theres little you can say about something like this that will help her.

Spoddy Dave dst

Reaction score
if the water isn't oxygenated enough you would see the weaker, ill or damaged fish dying first, a few at a time..if it was a virus again you would see fish dying but at a slow rate.

Sadly introduction of a poisonous chemical is a strong possibility in this case.

F

Frothey

any poison like that in the water, and i wouldn't be anywhere near it without protective gear on..... mind you, would'nt if it was an unknown virus either!

Spoddy Dave dst

Reaction score
too trueFrothey but a quick fix, expensive probably and maybe impossible for her...like you do when your aquarium water is at high levels of nitrite/ammonia you do a water change she might be able to save some and clear the water some, but she has to move fast.

If your talking of thousands of pounds of fish I'd think about it.

F

Frothey

wearing rubber gloves and a mask wont cost much? feck the fish, i'd be more worried about my own health and that of those around the lakes.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
This story is not what it may seem VERY FISHY INDEED, I know a fishery just down the road from there quite well. There`s probably no chance it was poisoning, EA have been down there already and havent been back. unfortunatly it maybe the owner as her other half has been locked up for fraud and other bits and bobs, there both not what they seem, Plus the fish she lost was half that estimated loss too. I would just forget about this one. The fishery too has had a grant from the goverment to make it useble by the disabled public and there not even a wheelchair ramp in sight or disabled parking spaces closer to the lake but nevermind as theres no fish left now.

N

Nobby C (ACA)

Thanks for the links gents, they both worked.And now the added twist it would appear, courtesy of Dan. Govt. grants etc, our money , false claims, fraud, imprisonment, very fishy indeed.

steveo

Reaction score
AH HAH just as I expected....Yet againg my complete faith in the miserable pestilant nature of the human race have been realised.Every time I think humans have gone as low as its possible,surprise surprise some more people stoop yet even lower.

I mean murdering your own fishery for personal gain.F******G dissgrace...They should be made to eat the dead and dying fish,then thrown in a stinking jail,chuck awat the key and let some huge fat nutter called Bubba,he can bugger them for eternity.

Some people.

F

Frothey

in the finest tradition of "have i got news for you"

its allegedly probably not poisoning, its more likely to allegedly be a stocking of more fish that has caused the alleged virus - interesting to know what the alleged stockings have been recently......

allegedly