Season's end - well nearly

L

Les Clark

Went out today ,bloody cold ,dropped a good one at 8am ,caught a 14 plus at 12am on the drop .

C

Chris Bishop

Yesterday (Sun...) was a wierd day, had two jacks off the edge of thawing ice.

Went half a mile down river and tied up where the wind was blowing into a deep margin on impulse.

Had one of those rare feelings I knew I was going to catch even though it needed a 3oz watch lead to nail a 12" joey on the deck under a big sea float.

Lovely slow pull after not long after and had a 22:10 which I was well-chuffed with.

Two seasons without a 20, then get two off the rivers in the space of a few weeks.

This season's now been the second best in nearly a decade for me, probably the best in terms of fish over 15lbs.

D

David Marrs

Very Well Done Chris!

Nice to see you get a great result mate, you deserve it, the effort you put in.

Kind regards,
Davos

C

Chris Bishop

It's not quite over yet Les but I'm just about fished-out. One or two more trips and that's it for a few months.

J

Jack Pike BA

Well done Chris nice one mate. Well I got very disillusion with pike fishing this season not that I hav'nt been catching a few but it seems that every Tom, **** and Boris are pike fishing these days without any idea how to handle them I unhooked many a fish for other people this year and given them the 3rd degree for not having at least a pair of forceps and a decent size landing net. Also as being a bailiff for my local club I,ve sent many a person packing for pike fishing without a wire trace it may seem a little harsh but we do have to protect our pike stocks. Dont get me wrong but I do spend time helping people out and given many of my own traces to them. OK I got that off my chest this season I have started to fish the rivers again landed my first barbel and had several double figure ones had chub up to 6lbs bream to 7lb caught my first ever trout and had a good summer fishing for tench on my local drains.

S

sash

Nice one Bish. Well pleased for you. How long did that take to land mate? Based on a certain 9lb zed I've heard about, probably around the 45 minute mark! ;o)

Been a fairly crap pike season for me. I've really struggled for any numbers of fish / quantity of doubles and have seen a lot of my favourite venues go downhill badly but have had a 24-14, a 25-09, a 25-10 and a 20 plus ounces so shouldn't really complain too much. Also had a superb Spring to Autumn with personal best carp, tench and barbel being landed as well as a few good eels, perch, zeds and a rogue 22lb cat (while eeling). Roll on the Spring tench!!!

Haven't wet a line in 3 weeks (combination of work and can't be arsedness!) but will have a zedding night before the close of play and possibly one morning's piking.

C

Chris Bishop

Took three or four mins' tops, were the two 25s repeats..?

ian hewett

Reaction score
I had a great season a 16lb 1/2 in the first 20 minutes then went on to struggle with the Thurne despite using my boat this year. Fished the Colne and Stour as planned and really enjoyed small river piking. My secret water was tops with 18lb 1/2,22lb,8lb and 20lb 1oz in four sessions must keep it quiet!. Only a few days left but will extend the season by fishing Ireland in March. Might be Norfolk this weekend still hoping for a result!.

glider

Reaction score
only returned to fishing in december due to kids family etc after a few years out. set a new pb of 15lb 4oz, blanked twice out of 6 trips and having followed the forums came to the conclusion it`s not me after all

B

Bob Watson

Just had my last river session of the season, fished a cut out on the Tees because it was bollocking through and I thought the prey fish would be shoaled up out of the flow, NA! my mate was fishing for bits without so much as a sucked maggot. No bits and no preds', pretty much sums up my season, CRAP!! Roll on next season.

D

David Marrs

Very hard going today which I thought more than a little strange, was on the 20ft and the conditions looked superb, worked hard all day from the crack of dawn and on 3 different stretches. Result 3 x Pike to around 9lbs, well underpar for a day I thought I'd bag up or get a real good one. There were more anglers on the drain today than I have ever seen.

Still, here's hoping for next seasons 15lb Zed lol <Im looking to the sky, raising my tin of fozzies and emptying it down my gregory whilst making a Zed oath to Odin!!!>

I hope you have all had or will have a great end to your seasons!