Selby 3 Roach

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I will come and say hello Greg as I have wheels again.
I don't fancy another overnighter just yet as I'm still thawing out after a night on Linch Hill. I didn't think it got cold down south.

S

sash

Should have had that 5 season bag, thermal cover and carpet Michael!

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
2 sleeping bags and a thermal cover sash.
There was frost on the cover in the morning which wasn't nice, but I was toastie.
Last time out i only took a 3 season bag and the temperature unexpectedly dropped to -4. You'r right in that you can feel the cold coming up through the bedchair.
I'm on the rivers for the next week me thinks.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
The Roach fishing wan't really on as the water temp was only 3.0 degrees.

I was lucky in that I did drop on a few fish and had 25 or 30 small Rudd, Roach and Skimmers, plus a Roach/Rudd hybrid of 1lb 2oz.

Greg managed a nice Roach of 1lb 6oz plus a few small fish. Paul and Andy also had a few of the small fish.

I had a pair of Pike having a go at most of the fish I dropped back, so after Paul kindly lending me some trace gear I managed to catch them both (after numerous attempts).

The smallest one went 13lb 9oz and the largest 19lb 8oz - a new pb for me.

Pike - http://www.mattbrown.co.uk/photos/fishing/IMG_5104.jpg
Roach/Rudd hybrid - http://www.mattbrown.co.uk/photos/fishing/IMG_5100.jpg

I really enjoyed the company. Andy's stories had me laughing enough to keep the cold away!

Paul B

Reaction score
Thanks Greg for organising the fish-in (and the breakfasts!). Despite the cold, I had a cracking time in good company. Cheers lads!

C

Chub King

Nice one Paul, I too had a great time. A bloody shame it was so cold that the fish seemed to go off the feed... But good company and excellent banter and stories all round. Have decided to donate my Shakespeare one-piece to charity!!!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
It was shiny green (emphasis on shiny) and about 10" short in the leg. And poor old Greg was freezing!

C

Chub King

Nah. Green. And far too small for me - that's what happens when you grab one just as you're leaving the office and don't try it on. Christ it gave me a wedgy! And I think it's a summer one-piece - either that or all the mice in their factory had knicked the lining for their nests. Froze my bloody t!*s off I did! I'll stick to Sundridge from now on!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

The under thermal gear (Sundridge) is spot on Greg. I was on the Test yesterday and was warm as toast, had to take off jacket at one point.

Matt, i really do hope you have a pic of this suit, i have visions thats its something Freddy Mercury would of worn on stage.

Didnt have a mask to go with it per chance?

Poor Gordon the bailiff must of had nightmares all weekend, waking up shouting "bring out the gimp, bring out the gimp"

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

No one complained about my suit but that said the low temperatures meant that it wasn't its usual aromatic self.