Shock horror - Kevin Perkins published in Anglers Mail

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
Well done Kevin! About time!

I know what you mean about buying up all the copies. When my article was published last year I bought loads for friends and relatives. Bet they never read them though!

K

Kevin Perkins

Ed

Unfortunately it was none of those. It was a little personal something I got for Jeff to show my appreciation for all the trips he's taken me on.

Still, if he doesn't want it.........

And Ed, whileI was in Penang I saw lots of roadside signs for 'Hot, Spicy Frog' - this isn't some sort of Far Eastern service you are offering, is it......?

Also,Igot an email from that nice young editor Tim at AM asking me to say if there is anyone elseon FM who would like to send in stories for their 'Tales' series, they would be warmly received.

I may, just may, have been slightlyless than charitable to the weeklies in the past, but this appears to be a genuineoffer, and I am sure that there are many on here who can relate a tale or two, so why don't you give it a go? 800-850 words preferred.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"And Ed, whileI was in Penang I saw lots of roadside signs for 'Hot, Spicy Frog'"

They were all my offspring ..........!!!

We used to import a lot of hardwood from Penang into Liverpool Docks .....

Every piece/plank of each consignment was marked with different combinations ofcoloured paint dots which were put on by the Malaysian workers with their fingers -- this was to differentiate between different timbers /consignees andsizes

And this was every single plank of each shipload of up to 40,000 tonnes and more

W

Wolfman Woody

Kevin,

You know I'll appreciate anything you give to me. /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif We MUST crack some of those fishes on Tring sometime soon. Does it close during the silly season - Sorry - the close season?

F

Fred Bonney

It won't be the only one Kevin/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Good job somebody gotlucky , before you got famous.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Kev, well done. It read well. When I had my tale published last year,called a 'Brush with the Grim Reaper, ' AM were good enough to send me the cartoon by Mark Bernstein, which is simply brilliant, and shows me lying in a field having a heart attack whilst being pi$$ed upon by four cows! Its now framed in my study. AM have hit on a good idea, and I would endorse Kev's comments that there are plenty on here who should have a go.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Woody, unless its a private a affair let me know when your down at Tring and I might be able to get over!

P

Peter Jacobs (ACA, SAA, CA)

"and I might be able to get over!"

Not unless your room is tidy though, I'd imagine . .

[insert U-No-Wot - - - - > HERE]

K

Kevin Perkins

Christian

You would be more than welcome to join us over at Tring, <u>but</u> didn'tWoody tell us a little while ago that he had carefullypacked up away all his spinning tackle in deference to the spawning pike.........?

He is a little tinker at times, so you may not have to wait until 16th June for that invitation....!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
My signed, first edition copy of Kevins

'The Adventures of Donald Effingham-Mudde and Damien' has reached £350 on Ebay.

Thank you Kevin and Anglers Mail. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif