Skills In Angling

C

Clive Evans 1

"especially Cakey, Frothey, Big Rik and little Stu. These three guys appreciate other species and other methods of angling too." (note the difference Baz)

So which one of your four guys doesn't appreciate other species and methods?

Paul B

Reaction score
Good article Matt, do you mean you're still learning at piking and not you're crap? ;-)

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

What are you prattling on about Clive?
I haven't posted on this thread.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Clive I spotted it too...!

Nice one Matt, you are an allrounder like me, I enjoy all of it, every species has it's time.
It's too easy to get set in your ways and criticise others, diversification can be very rewarding!
I'm crap at piking too, but I'm learning!

CAT

Reaction score
Nice perspective, really enjoyed reading it, good work Matt.
Still not getting a pole though! lol

Jason Speck 2

Reaction score
Matt,Very nice mate.
Looking forward to you comeing to the Pats/Loddon for the night in the new season.For some Southern Hospitality.

Hope you have seen deliverance?

Na mate,well done.

Jason

Paul Morley

Reaction score
it's the limitations of these quaint methods tho, can't drink eight cans of stella and poo on the bank while trotting a stick float...or can you??

F

Fred Bonney

For some reason I missed this Matt,glad I found it.
A good sense article and one that, I for one, fully appreciate having never been,a one species or method angler.
Even started using a pole this season, for the first time since my formative years, when I had a fibreglass telescopic roach pole,probably, what's now called a whip!

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Call me the perenial pain in the butt if you like, but I wouldn't say casting a lead and pva bag 150 yds was a relatively minor thing to learn, or do for that matter.

J

jason fisher

call me pedantic but no one can cast a lead and pva bag 150 yards

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Baz, I can't cast anywhere near that far. I think most people don't realise how far 50 yards is, never mind 150 yards.

Anyway, if you could cast that far, you might need to be accurate, bite detection might be an issue and landing the fish might require so skill.

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
You dont needs arms like anyone Danny Boy, its all in the techneque mate, or so I'm told. Just watched a video on pendulum casting. With a bit of thought it should be easy to cast further than you imagined you could.

Simon Ashton

Reaction score
it would be nice just to get out and cast 10 yards never mind 150! with the wheather being so crap its not possible. roll on march

F

Fred Bonney

........and there was me thinking, I've read this before somewhere...;o)