Small Barbel

james j

Reaction score
Todmorden.Its in Yorkshire not Lancashire.
You will get good advice,depends what subject you want it on. Like Mike said the barbel is a revered fish on this site and whilst we have got to understand nature,some people would hang,drawer and quarter you for using one as livebait. Hope this helps you.

Davey boy (ACA)

Reaction score
Not sure I understand James?

I'm just asking advice on how to select the smallest Barbel from a swim??

C

Cakey

James ,If he said the same about roach or carp the other half of the site would get upset

anyway he dont deserve no help the way he talks to people trying to help

Davey boy (ACA)

Reaction score
I'm told they last all night James thats why I'm asking.... Like I said normally a trout man, only going by local advice?

Can you suggest a better alternative?

C

Cakey

I dont understand the difference James ....but livebaits will probably be banned soon but in the mean time there are no rules on what fish to use as livebaits

james j

Reaction score
Cakey

I understand each species of fish has their protecters,was just trying to get him to understand why he isnt getting the help he wants.If he asked about other species,people would be giving the same answers

Paul C

Reaction score
Single or double caster and loose feed caster and hemp is a good bet. Well, I can't seem to avoid catching them when fishing for dace & chub like that, so if they are there in any number in that size range, you will find them amongst various other sizes no doubt.

Edit float fishing that is..... you will get more fish of that size on a moving bait.

Davey boy (ACA)

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I dont understand the difference James ....but livebaits will probably be banned soon but in the mean time there are no rules on what fish to use as livebaits</blockquote>

Thanks Cakey...... No help again!

Can anyone help with my catfishing??????????????

I can pick up smallbarbel from my local garden center, but at £3.50 a fish its out of my price range per hook bait.....................

C

Cakey

James thats why I told him to use a 4lber and cut it up

I could probably have between 10 and 20 goes with a 4lb fish

which means 19 little ones would get bigger

C

Cakey

Davey Boy I bet you drive a sports car........................as an extension of your pen*s

Davey boy (ACA)

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Cakey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

James thats why I told him to use a 4lber and cut it up

I could probably have between 10 and 20 goes with a 4lb fish

which means 19 little ones would get bigger</blockquote>

Your not helping at all are you?

This is a serious thread!!!!!!!!!

james j

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Paul C wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Single or double caster and loose feed caster and hemp is a good bet. Well, I can't seem to avoid catching them when fishing for dace & chub like that, so if they are there in any number in that size range, you will find them amongst various other sizes no doubt.

Edit float fishing that is..... you will get more fish of that size on a moving bait.</blockquote>
Does this not help,I understood it

Morespiders

Reaction score
Davey, I will catch you some small barbel from the Ribble 8-14oz each will they be big enough, if not can get some 1lb ones,but will charge you 50 pence each,

Davey boy (ACA)

Reaction score
Yes James, Thats sound advice.

Using those methods already, can't seem to pick out the smaller fish........ which was my original problem.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Try squid for your cats ---as an alternative to barbel .........

The smellier the better ......