Smartcast Modification

C

Cakey

They only transmit 100 feet ...............how are you going to get nicked ,by using it in the local cop shops wash basin ?

Geoff Ralph

Reaction score
okay so bascially thats how get away with it being an illegal freq???the transmitter having a short range. Can you also extend the RF20 Rod mount version becasue ive seen that for only $99 stateside??
Thanks and Regards

hesSpartacus

Reaction score
Yesterday....all my troubles seemed so far away....

Cakey, have you tried transmitting on the full wavelength with the US version? Only I put the US version in my microcat and tested it today only to find that no matter what the aerial length(s) I couldn't get past approx 130m range. It's somewhat disapointing after the UK versions far distance. I do prefer having the thing in the boat as opposed to sticking out of the front.

Think I'll try a different aerial material... What do you use for yours?

C

Cakey

130 metres is still 3x further than stock
I use the earth wire out of 2.5 house wiring cable

George Henry

Reaction score
HELP. Has anybody modified an American 916-917 wrist watch type Smartcast. If so any tips.

Why is the ariel on the receiver double the length of the transmiter. ie 3.06 / 6.13.

I know I'm a bit or a dunce. Radio waves have always been a grey area to me.

mick moran

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I just bought a secondhand cat witha modified smartcast rf15. Neither the orange float or the boat have been modified in any way that I can see. If you look inside the boat at the bump that the float fits into it has a coil of wire taped around it which then connects to a wsma 7000 1/4 wave antenna.Has anyone heard of this mod as it doesn't seem right that it is not physically connected to the orange float.