Solar V10i and V10 Receiver

B

BLAM

Thanks for the speedy replies chaps. I'll buy the wife 3 for her Valentines present then.

C

Cakey

fox uses wheel and vibration and is switchable between the two

the currant draw on the remotes has now been sorted

fox are also using five-minute range test facility,which allows the user to establish the alarm's range and to 'customise' performance of his remote system in an individual swim!

fox can tell you a run or a drop back

fox aint got that annoying tone

blam I repair alarms for all the local shops which aint alot these days as alarms get more and more reliable most suffer water damage which can be avoided by drying out your alarms after use .
i.e stick them in your airing cupboard after every use for a couple of days

the other big repair I do on all makes is the battery connector ,when changing batteries dont pull the wires ,slip a small screw driver under the middle of the connector and lever it off !

delks and fox should last for many years if looked after.

dont know if solar are sorted or not yet and Ive not had one to play with so cant give an opinion on them.......

Like Rik and Wol etc say if you buy cheap you will buy twice so by the best in the first place to save money

S

Spoddy

Don't delks register a drop back then?

And what annoying tone cakey.

C

Cakey

not that I know of
delks have an annoying warbling tone on a run ........................you either love it or hate it

B

BLAM

I haven't done that much in the way of carp fishing but do have a couple of cheapie Fox MX's which get used for late night/over-night Barbel sessions. It hasn't rained much of late but in the past they've not stopped functioning in the wet. Trouble is a Barbel bite isn't really missable and I only really use them to make sure I'm awake to grab ahold of the rod butt in the wee small hours before it goes in the river.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

The Monk used to dip his alarms in 20W40 engine oil to get them working so he told me.

F

Frothey

delks do register drop backs, they just dont have a different tone for it.

lilypad

Reaction score
What is the point of registering an audible difference for a drop-back? It is fairly evident when you get to the rod!!! Something else to go wrong.

C

Cakey

good job some one knows what Im on about Mr Frothey

in the middle of the night ,pitch black ........nice to know what the fish is doing !

F

Frothey

whats the point?

four bleeps in the middle of the night.

with a delk, could mean that the bobbin is now tight up to the rod, it could be on the floor, or it could have been up and down - a linebite.

with a fox, you'd know......

i use delk's though!

Malc Bason

Reaction score
If it beeps once, I'm sitting up on my bedchair.

If it beeps again, I'm out of the bivvy.

I don't care personally which way the hangers going - up, down or sideways - it it beeps again, I then know which way its going cos I'm watching it.

If it beeps again, its probably a bream, so I just cut the line.

(Joke - honest)!!!

S

Spoddy

Fox do have an advantage over delcs then?

A long drop back sounds like a forward run on most alarms,and you would be out of the bivvy like a shot to find the bobbin on the floor.
Although still worth a tug,caught a 12lb bream pb on my last long drop back.

lilypad

Reaction score
I'll leave mine as a surprise anyway and keep it on vibe only.
Ooh look! The bobbin's fallen off.

K

Keith Finn

whats the point?

four bleeps in the middle of the night.

with a delk, could mean that the bobbin is now tight up to the rod, it could be on the floor, or it could have been up and down - a linebite.

On my txi's, by the time the bobbin has hit the rod it sounds like you have had a one toner!
You fly out the bivvy to see that it was just a liner!!!!
Paranoid alarms these Delks, fart too near them you get a one toner but I love them.
Keith

F

Frothey

maybe set a tad too sensitive?

cant see the point having them like that, where they bleep all day. makes you complacent about the real bleeps....

C

Cakey

delks dont do one toners ....it a horrible warble

and what about locked up tight snag fishing ??

F

Frothey

i think its a nice warble....but then i've spent far too long close to the pa systems at gigs!