Specimen Bream Kill

F

Frothey

and what about the muchrespected match anglers that throw pike up the bank.... at least carp anglers have the excuse that they are chavvy scum......

at a trout lake near me you'll get banned if you dont knock the perch on the head.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

That's being a bit daft Frothey.

At Avington, all the perch caught have to be returned. There are some big ones in there.

Trout have to be kept of course.

mat k

Reaction score
I would refuse to fish any venue where i have to knock any coarse fish on the head.

I remember back not long ago a stretch on a local river where the riparian owner of a salmonstretchwanted all barbel caught in his stretch of river removed and knocked on the head during the coarse season. (Ah well you see, they lie in the salmon runs and when the salmon come up river to spawn, they swim straight over the occupied runs and lose me revenue)

No shit shirlock?

Needless to say, he earnt no revenue from the coarse boys out of season after that either.

John Heelis

Reaction score
ARGGGGGHHHHHHH.......

sorry but reading through this post just makes my blood boil. I'm only new to angling but even i can see that it's wrong to kill a fish just because it's not the species that you are targeting.

i hate seeing any dead fish regardless of wether it has died from natural causes of because of bad handling.

Risque Manoofus

Reaction score
In fairness Frothey in35 plus years of match fishing I have never, ever seen pike thrown up the bank.

Im not sayiing the match fraternity are angels but Ive never seen that. Have you?

Specihunter

Reaction score
this is only a small part of the problem we have in our sport.how many times have you read in AT or AM letters from one section of anglers moaning about another ,who then moan back.until we stop this we will never move forward and stop the antis.

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Risque Manoofus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

In fairness Frothey in35 plus years of match fishing I have never, ever seen pike thrown up the bank.

Im not sayiing the match fraternity are angels but Ive never seen that. Have you?</blockquote>
if a pike did not count in a match its doubtful it would even reach the bank i have to admiton rivers using light tackle i have pulled for a breakon more than one occasion when attached to large pike during matches.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Risque, have a chat to the Somerset PAC /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

And I saw a very large roach in the bushes at Welford (Swindon), I'm sure it didn't leap out of the water to evade a pike!

They're tossers! Single minded/species arseholes!

I'm getting very angry thinking about it! /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
oh goody another thread thats turning into a them and us bitch fight.

It just shows that we are an ill disciplined bunch who bicker amongst each other. Until we learn to put aside our differences and start living together we will never progress. The RSPB will continue to close waters to us, the antis and the cormorants will win and every angler will lose out, coarse, game and sea.

Gentlemen, we should all be firing in the same direction.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Gentlemen, we should all be firing in the same direction."

I totally agree Trev...............but the to$$ers that throw fish up the bank aint anglers!

B

Bully

Trev- this isn't a bitch fight, it is a thread that, from what I have seen, is 100% against terrible behavoir. Read the whole lot.

F

Frothey

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Risque Manoofus wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Im not sayiing the match fraternity are angels but Ive never seen that. Have you?</blockquote>

Its fairly well documented - not during matches, but inbetween as they have the audacity to eat other fish. One well known angler was caught with set lines not so long ago on the fens.

by the same token, have you actually seen carp anglers killing tench or bream?

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Ihave never seen carp anglers killing tench or bream but I have compelling evidence that this has been done. Peter Stone has seen carp anglers "drop kick" tench back into the water.

But I am sure this is a small minority of carp anglers that do this.

On several occasions in my life I have seen match anglers who when out pike fishing have killed every pike they have caught. One of the worst sights I ever saw was that of two barbel, each about 4lbs, that were thrown up the floodbank of the Tidal Trentafter a match.

And a few days later, on the River Trent again,I found 2 big dead eels, both about 3 lbs each, which had recently been killed and thrown up the bank; again, after a match.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Bully I have read the whole lot. I even commented right at the start. Lark reported a bream kill onlake X he later states that the committee know about it and will or should take some action, but since then it has been Carp angler against Bream angler, coarse angler against game angler everybody against pike anglers, pike anglers against match anglers. Cant you see that ?

Unless Lark names the lake and shows proof of the bream deaths by bankstick spearing it is all hearsay, or a very clever ploy to get us all wound up and leave anglers feeling bitter and divided.

F

Frothey

i fish for carp, game and sea fish - even do a bit ofbream and tenchfishing, so I'm a bit confused who to feel bitter about at the moment

i know, bloody roach anglers - they're all b*st*rds! /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I fish for everything at some time or other and love 'em all!

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>
</blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Frothey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

i know, bloody roach anglers - they're all b*st*rds! /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif</blockquote>

You cant tar every angler with the same brush, there is good and bad in every type off angling no matter what species they fish for.

The bad ones will never change, as that's the way they were probably tough to fish. And they see it as the right way to fish and that were in the wrong.

And yous call you,re self's anglers, well just look at the Bitchingthatson this thread.

Beecy

Reaction score
I too have never seen a match angler throw a pike up the bank

This would be a bit daft anyway as the buggers could flap about and may get back into the river, best bet is to pin there gobs shut with a size 4 and chuck em back in