Sport fishing in Portugal

Norman Smith

Reaction score
Has anyone got any up to date information regarding the sport fishing off The Algarve? I know that it used to be quite good but I have been receiving rather mixed reports lately. We want to give it a try this coming September but don't want to waste our money.

D

dave godwin 2

Hi Norman i am shortly going to relocate to the Algarve and i will be running a charter boat from the new marina at Albufeira.
There are two types of fishing down there, the reef fishing goes on all year round, just offshore for conger, bass etc.
Blue shark is the main sport through the summer months along with a run of tuna most years.
I will let you know when we are actually leaving but the boat is ready to ship, the marina berth is booked, the house is sold, and i am just waiting to sell my UK boat.

Dave

Norman Smith

Reaction score
Hi Dave, Thanks for the reply. Please let me know when you are set up and how to contact you. Blue shark would be fine although we caught those many years ago from Looe. Tuna sound exciting although the pictures that I have seen so far look more like bonito than the big jobs. look forward to hearing from you again.

Norman

D

dave godwin 2

Hi Norman i will not be tuna fishing this as i have to establish myself a bit first but i aim to have a go in 2005.
The tuna run bigger than you if you are lucky.
I will offline for a while as it take forever to get a phone line putin but i have a mobile no for Portugal 00351916433684 so you will able to contact me on that as soon as i get there, i wll keep you posted
Dave