Stoney and Friends - Dynamites Yateley 2003

C

Chris Isaacs

Application forms for the Stoney and Friends three day fish-in at RMC Dynamites Yateley complex on 5th,6th and 7th are now available at www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk .

For anyone who hasn?t attended before, the event is open to all anglers of all abilities. This is not a match, just purely a three day relaxed social fish-in, with the onus on having fun. However, due to the quality of the venue, there is every chance to catch a personal best of any usual lake species.

All money raised from entry fees (?20 adults, ?10 accompanied under 16?s and OAPs) and the raffle (tickets only sold at the event) goes to Macmillan Cancer Relief.

Demand for tickets is likely to be high again this year, so don?t delay in getting your application forms in.

C

Chris Isaacs

Sorry for my inefficiency. In my desire to let everyone know application forms are available on line, I forgot to let you know the month the event is taking place in.

The event is on 5th,6th & 7th of September.

How many from this site are thinking of attending?

Chris
stoneyandfriends

N

nick austin

I may well attend!, how many spaces are available in total chris?

C

Chris Isaacs

Nick

Last year we sold 110 tickets and still had plenty of swims free. Luckily for us though, the popularity of the event is getting better and better each year.

I would therefore suggest getting in your application form as soon as possible to ensure you get the lake you require (I think the Pads may already be sold out).

chris
Stoneyandfriends

C

Chris Isaacs

Stu

As usual we would be delighted to be "graced with your presence" if you can fit us into your tight schedule!

N

nick austin

ok guys!....so i'm really interested, but i dont really know which lake would be the best to try for,my style of fishing is normally short range, margin type stuff, catching carp,tench,bream...my pb is only 11lb 2oz, so if i turn up....will i be out of my depth?...

C

Chris Isaacs

Nick

No way will you be out of your depth, as there are anglers of all experience there. Best way to find out more about the lakes is to have a look at www.rmcangling.co.uk and click on the venues link. then look at special waters (i think).

If you are not looking for huge fish, Pumphouse has Carp and Tench and Horseshoe has Carp and Bream. In both lakes the Carp average around 6lb-10lb but there are a few to around the 20lb mark in both. The is also allegedly one large Catfish in Horseshoe.

Sandhurst has a decent stocking of Carp as well as Bream and Tench. this lake is mainly fished for the Carp which go up to 30.

Split lake has a good stock of Carp, loads of Tench and Bream, but is mainly fished for the larhe head of Catfish. Most anglers will be targetting the Catfish at the event.

The Match lake isn't a match lake at all. It is an out and out Carp and Cat water.

I hope that helps you a bit.

Chris
Stoneyandfriends

S

Stu Black

Nick, you'll have a good time there whatever your ability (im crap) its a good social as well as a fish in

C

Chris Isaacs

Back to the top.

So far we have sold about 60 tickets. Last year 110 anglers attended and we had plenty of spare swims left.

Ideally, we would like at least 120 there this year. There are still plenty of swims left on good lakes, so get your applications in and help us raise money for Macmillan Cancer relief.

Chris
Treasurer
Stoney and Friends

L

Les Clark

Chris,my wife and I are thinking about comeing up for it,maybe only 2 day`s due to work,could you put her mind at rest about the loo`s?

S

Stu Black

Les, its a loo like at Selby. My girlfriend used the one in the pub 2 mins down the road.

L

Les Clark

Stu,Hi mate,I think we will give it a go,have`nt been able to get out for about a month,fill the need to have a social and chill out,thing`s are a bit pear shaped at the moment,I will let you know as soon as i can,it will be good to meet up again.

C

Chris Isaacs

Les

As Stu said or intimated, the loo is quite basic (portaloo - but it is a fresh clean one usually on friday morning!!). There are a couple of petrol stations with toilets just up the road, plus a number of pubs.

To be honest, the toilets are kept fairly clean by all using them and as long as it doesn't rain, are perfectly OK for in and out visits. However, if you wife likes to spend hours in there, then she might be best suited for a little drive up the road!!

This event is definately about chilling out, having a social etc so should be ideal for you.

look forward to seeing you there.

Regards

Chris

C

Chris Isaacs

60+ tickets now sold. If you fancy coming and haven't applied yet, don't leave it too late as this year looks like it could be heading for a sell out - hopefully.

Chris
Treasurer
Stoneyandfriends