Surprised at GMTV headline

Frothey

Reaction score
Nuts...... lol! I reckon they should let the EA do an autopsy, she's being set up after all. She must've been the only one eating them, unless they've got a load more fish floating up.

maybe it was all the travelling that killled her..... nice big common, but I'd rather have the "smaller" Burghfield common any day of the week.

Last edited:

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
Anglers not abiding by the rules of the lake, very sorry to see the loss of this truely magnificent fish. R.I.P Benson. An someone shoot that angler

I just see the interview with bbc & owner and yep nuts are the cause, what one`s I don`t know.

Frothey

Reaction score
still say there's no proof, just the owners say so. I will probably be proved wrong, but I would be very suprised if it was that in that size of fish.

unless the fish eat them as they went in, the nuts soak up water anyway.

i bet £100 the taxidermist will say "loads of nuts in the gut" even though it would be a ground up mush.....

Gary Newman

Reaction score
Would be amazed if it was nuts (as i told the bloke from The Times) otherwise other fish would have died. If Benson was the only one that ate nuts it would have been very easy to catch!
The venue can't be bailiffed all that well if no one noticed the anglers who were using the nuts, given the huge quantities they were supposedly using and the fact that they were leaving them laying around all over the place!
Big loss for the fishery but these things happen, and will keep on happening, everything has to die eventually.

Chris Frankish 2

Reaction score
Anglers not abiding by the rules of the lake, very sorry to see the loss of this truely magnificent fish. R.I.P Benson. An someone shoot that angler

I just see the interview with bbc & owner and yep nuts are the cause, what one`s I don`t know.

Aren't you just doing what the owner and the media are doing?

Jumping to a conclusion without any firm evidence at all.

I don't know why Tony is blaming nuts for the demise of the fish. Its mere supposition and I don't know what difference it makes if the fish died from old age, some condition or badly prepared nuts in the whole "saga" of Benson. The fish had dropped quite substantially in weight months ago but he's not pushing that aspect.

noknot

Reaction score
Would be amazed if it was nuts (as i told the bloke from The Times) otherwise other fish would have died. If Benson was the only one that ate nuts it would have been very easy to catch!
The venue can't be bailiffed all that well if no one noticed the anglers who were using the nuts, given the huge quantities they were supposedly using and the fact that they were leaving them laying around all over the place!
Big loss for the fishery but these things happen, and will keep on happening, everything has to die eventually.

Spot on Gary!

delphi 73

Reaction score
"Now she is dead, and — just as with Diana, Princess of Wales, and Marilyn Monroe":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ha Ha - compared to Diana and Marilyn Monroe - taken from the timesonline

It was a fish (big ****** though) but this takes the **** LOL.

A

alan whittington

First noticed it on the lunchtime bbc look-east news,where there was a woman with a stupid inane grin on her face the whole time she talked about it,i jumped on the pc and e-mailed them as to the fact that if a dog would have died after being fed with dodgy food(possibly),there would have been hell to pay.Also the fish itself was worth many thousands itself,without the value it gives Mr Bridgefoot's fishery.
All things die and she must have been getting on a bit(benson that is),so the cause of death probably isnt peanuts as quoted,the fish will be missed in the carp world,for a big old girl like that,available on day-ticket doesnt come along that often.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
the business of placing the fishes age seems a bit skewed. The owner reckons he bought the fish at approx 25lbs when it was 5 years old? That seems a little odd doesn't it? 5lb a year weight gain?

r1paul

Reaction score
25 years old is a fair age but not that old for a carp , there is a carp in one of the Faversham waters called " She " , as far as I know still alive or was that I know a couple of years ago ,she was in these waters about 40 years ago when I used to fish it on a day ticket .:cool: :)