Swordsy?s DVD Action on the Tidal Trent

Reaction score
Worryingly one or two of my youngest son's friends could fit into the above Chav picture!!/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Still he's joining the navy in November and they are a bunch of reliable and respectable types! (parent chooses to ignore all stories/experiences consequent from long familial links with Pompey /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif)

M

MarkTheSpark

It must be me eyes, or the pants quality of the web video.

I'm only 51.

Am I losing it completely, Lee?

I mean, I don't get much, being married for so long, but does that rot your sense of taste?

I really, really thought those birds looked OK.

Nice summary of what seems like a great evening's entertainment.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Seperate thread required in bait box...

What was the missing word? "I just want to sit on your <u>XXXX</u>"

Not every day that someone plonks themselves down on your bait bucket at 4am and says that, is it?

PS: Note how I managed to maintain total professionalism and just keepon filming the moment? That was our Jeremy Wade crashing the plane into the South American rain forest moment. Both Jeremy and Lee escaping against all the odds.

Alas the plan to film the sun peeping above the horizon, swirling mist rising from theriver, the dawn chorus in full swingand Lee sitting there, contemplative, nursing asteaming mug of coffee, anticipating the next bout of action sort of went out of the window!

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Probably sent by Hugh Milesand that reprobateMartin Bowler...

John Wilson doesn't have problems like this, does he? Do you think that sort of thing happened to Jack Hargreaves? Not on your Nelly.

Suppose we could have done a seperate film - perhaps called 'Hookers' to keep the angling theme going...?

Reaction score
Perhaps their mothers were Bob James and Chris Yates groupies...and they have just followed the maternal example.

Bob - no problem now - if you need to film Lee there again take a separate bivvie and MarktheSpark - he'll keep them occupied so you can get your atmos shots

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Classic video clip.

I have never seen Lee so lost for words as when she stuck her backside in his face.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
I wonder what he would have done if Bob and the camera wasn't there/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
He'd have probably legged it if Bob and the camera weren't there for back-up!

After all............................he does talk bo**ox /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
lol I think he would have shown them his extra stiff flood rod for emergency use only!

Or the machete's

Paul Morley

Reaction score
The next bout of action? That's easily the funniest thing in angling... ever. Lee's face is a friggin picture, has your missus seen what you get up to? Didn't they spot your Dad on the far bank?

C

Chris Pearson

Shame you didn't invite Matt and Adam they could have lost their virginity/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

J

John McLaren

Getting back to the word "Chavs", Thanks for the definition Paul it fits with what I had somehow worked out but where does the word come from?

When I first saw "Aces vs Chavs" I thought it was a team name derived from Chavender - you know the old name for chub/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Council House and Vulgar, I believe? A social phenomenathat would never have evolved without a 'welfare state' and credit cards...............

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Council House and Vulgar, I believe? A social phenomena that would never have evolved without a 'welfare state' and credit cards..............."

alternatively; Council Housed And Violent.

Reaction score
I was always led to believe it originated as a description of the dangly ear-ringed young women of Chatham and then led on to the Burberry attired young men of the region!

Of course being educated in Maidstone - one would say that!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I live in a council house and aint bleedin vulgar !!!

Can`t wait for the next swordsy fish-in,seems the trent is good for action, one way or the other.......ho ho ho /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>John McLaren wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Getting back to the word "Chavs", Thanks for the definition Paul it fits with what I had somehow worked out but where does the word come from? </blockquote>

The word chavvy comes from the Romani language. It means child. It's how gypsies/pikeys refer to there children. Chav is the diminutive.