Tackle/Float Boxes - Wood V Plastic

associatedmatt

Reaction score
If you've got a local, independent timber yard they will likely happily do it for you as long as you are clear on what you want.

Not sure about major outlets which might offer a cutting service, such as B&Q, I would imagine they would do it but I can't see it being cheap with someone like them.

It still might work out well in consideration of the overall cost of buying a bespoke, wooden tackle box though :)
Looked and it's probably cheaper to get one made with hardwood timber costs but could do one in pine easy enough

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Been told my order has finished. A few floats for marginal work too
58b95c60b0edce92ce0ce7f354cc15f7.jpg
e0707c7a69fbf88f5d96ad03b04dc730.jpg

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Been told my order has finished. A few floats for marginal work too
58b95c60b0edce92ce0ce7f354cc15f7.jpg
e0707c7a69fbf88f5d96ad03b04dc730.jpg

Very nice Matt, i'm sure i've seen those boxes on facebook. I think they have various species of fish pictures etc besides your excellent tench pic.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Very nice Matt, i'm sure i've seen those boxes on facebook. I think they have various species of fish pictures etc besides your excellent tench pic.
Yes that is where I saw it

flightliner

Reaction score
Just read that the government have slammed Mansfield council for not building enough houses---
Could it be there's no readily available timber to be purchased locally ? :D

flightliner

Reaction score
flightliner, I am unable to tick like for your post, due to some reason or other,
but it made me chuckle, Brilliant :D

Markcw, obviously Binka's the main suspect , maybe he's still practicing his dovetailing which goes well with his penchant for Hardy tackle, me, I'm a hammer, nails and flat thumb man personally.

associatedmatt

Reaction score
Markcw, obviously Binka's the main suspect , maybe he's still practicing his dovetailing which goes well with his penchant for Hardy tackle, me, I'm a hammer, nails and flat thumb man personally.
Nails what's that ?

Why not some gripfill

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I could have done with some woodfiller many years ago when I had to do a mortice and tenon joint in CSE woodwork exam, instead I tried to hold it in place with a discreetly placed panel pin...

needless to say.... I failed.

1970 what a year that was,

Last edited:

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Float cases - FishingMagic Gallery
I've been using pieces of polycarbonate sheet since 1990 for my floats. These protect the floats, are incredibly light, cheap and versatile as you can use different sizes for different floats, and fit in my roving bag.

Mark, I use the same for floats, at one time the larger width sheet was ideal
for pole rigs, I used to get mine of someone I knew who fitted conservatories,
Around 1990 I think a tackle firm cottoned on to people using the sheeting for
float storage etc and brought some out under their brand name, needless to say "those in the know" didn't buy any, I still have some in use from the late 80's -90 with the same floats in them,

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Mark, I use the same for floats, at one time the larger width sheet was ideal
for pole rigs, I used to get mine of someone I knew who fitted conservatories,
Around 1990 I think a tackle firm cottoned on to people using the sheeting for
float storage etc and brought some out under their brand name, needless to say "those in the know" didn't buy any, I still have some in use from the late 80's -90 with the same floats in them,

I got my original cases from Roger Downing of Rotherham who was helping us on the Witham. My dad had access to lots of offcuts that he used as cloches so he let me have some pieces and I just needed to buy the edging. The double thickness stuff is great for Avons, just need to take out the central partition with a sharp chisel.