Tackle shops

bankside

Reaction score
billy Clarke in Sheffield combines shop sales with internet sales and also does a MASSIVE range of spares online too and seems to be doing allright...Well he is about the only dealer left in the city! If you pay a visit to billy's you will really see why he does so well, for a medium sized shop his range of tackle is out of this world!
I have been in the shop at lostock and to be honest it is no wonder he has closed, a very miserable guy and hardly anything in stock!

Mark

Mark,I think the shop you refer to is called Crown bait or summat,its actually
in a place called Lostock near Horwich and yes it is pretty dire but still open!!
I think,amazing.

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
I have three tackle shops within about 5 miles, none have gone in the last ten years at least. One also does pet food. A fourth one is attached to a garden centre pet shop and sells good bait but very little in the way of tackle - although it would be my first choice for fresh maggots.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark,I think the shop you refer to is called Crown bait or summat,its actually
in a place called Lostock near Horwich and yes it is pretty dire but still open!!
I think,amazing.

Its the one at Lostock Hall I was referring too, he was so morbid!
There is another tackle shop in Coppull that is doing ok, Helen who runs the place with her husband is always friendly and chatty, they are always free with advise too and its these things that keep folks going in!

Mark

bankside

Reaction score
Its the one at Lostock Hall I was referring too, he was so morbid!
There is another tackle shop in Coppull that is doing ok, Helen who runs the place with her husband is always friendly and chatty, they are always free with advise too and its these things that keep folks going in!

Mark

You know I've been meaning to have a look in Coppull Anglers for some time
I'll try this weekend.