The accidental angler

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I just loved the fact that he was trying to do it on fly gear all the time. He caught a chubblet from a bit of water that i wouldn't have given a second look, and this was inside the M25 .

Paul T

Reaction score
Yes I agree Murray, I to would love to have a go and catch some coarse fish on the fly!

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
The final programme in the series - looking for brown trout in rivers and streams in and around London - was superb; without doubt one of the best TV angling programmes I've ever seen.

And clearly, Charles is a very good fly fisherman. The overgrown nature of some of the spots he fished would have prompted most fly anglers (myself included) to admit defeat.

I felt involved and captivated throughout the programme, and was disappointed when it ended.

I thoroughly enjoyed his presentation style, too.

And he didn't once use the word "awesome" ....!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I too missed this weeks programme and it looks as though I have missed the best one. My mate rang up last night and he was in raptures about it and guess what, I told him to watch it when I was talking to him last Friday! Doh!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Very nostalgic program for me. I used to live in Marlborough Rd in Bounds Green and the New River ran at the rear of our back garden. You couldn't fish it, and couldn't access it due to the concrete railing fence. However it ran quickly and cleanly and held some fantastic fish which you could clearly see due to the quality of the water then.
Wightman Road where he went through the house to try and view the New River was just around the corner from where I also lived in Haringey, I used to walk along Wightman Road to work.
Very near to the above location is Finsbury Park, the lake held some nice carp, but they usually stayed within the sanctuary of the fenced off boating lake. The small area of the lake that could be fished produced some cracking Roach fishing.

Having been nostalgic, I now know why I moved to the country, I don't think I could ever live in London again.