The art of concealment.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I am a past master at concealment. This is best illustrated by an example two days ago. I walked into a pub, there were three staff on the bar and five customers. It took 6 minutes before I was noticed and served. That is because I am 6' 1", 13 stone 8lb and almost totally invisible. Pete.

I worked in a bar Pete, one bloke was an ex military police chap who used to walk up to the bar, do a Nazi salute and scream Zeig Heil, I always served him first. True Story. Dont do it on the river bank though, best not unless someones fishing too near you.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Many of Angling's great forefathers were big followers of the art of concealment.

I think there are a few old and grainy pictures knocking around somewhere but you're unlikely to spot the angler in them...

413484076.jpg

Ace, had me laughing out loud:)

Last edited:

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
What you wear may not make any difference but why take the risk ? I dont wear much camo and I would never be mistaken for a hydrangea but I do dress in subdued or dark tones. What I dont do is wear white or neon yellow and caper about hooting and hollering like a deranged gibbon. THAT cannot possibly help.

As for bankside noise I try to be as quiet as I can approaching my swim and setting up without being anal about it. If i approach someone I dont skyline them and usually crouch down. Its just good manners IMO. What I dont do is bang about knocking in poles/pegs like some.That also cannot help.

Call me grumpy if you like but if I can pick a spot that restricts others getting near me then that's fine by me. I often do just that to keep the riff raff away but somehow Clarkey always finds me !

Philip

Reaction score
I'm all for people wearing bright colours and stomping about on the bank ...more chance they will scare any fish out of their swim and towards me. :D

dicky123

Reaction score
When you wave a fly rod about on the river, it's amazing how much flash you can see from a distance?

Being from that game background I've stalked a lot of fish from trout to barbel, and in recent years carp. I've never found bright cloths a problem, its movement
however I always wear dull cloths myself.

When you cast a nymph to a carp you have to see its gills flare, as they don't take like trout. So you have to get very close to see the take.

****y.

tomino2112

Reaction score
Guys you would love one of my local ponds.

People drinking senless, shouting at each other from bank to bank, making fires and jumping over them, playing loud "techno" music... The whole package... Also whenever someone at the lake catches a fish people tend to scream "fish! Fish!" and run towards you.

Sounds like a nightmare right? And you might ask why do I bother going there? Well lately I have about 2 free hours a week for fishing and this is only place in 30m drive radius around me... There is one commercial even closer to me but unfortunately it has closing times..

To top it up the pond is EXTREMELY weedy, there is nearly no pleasure in fishing there tbh.

Man i got to move...

It is free fishing so i guess you get what you pay for...

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If i approach someone I dont skyline them and usually crouch down on my hands and knees or even lye flat and belly crawl up to them as I did in the Nam :w.

Sorry about that Skippy but i couldn't resist :wh ;).

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Sorry about that Skippy but i couldn't resist :wh ;).
TickleTackle have a full range of camou clothing for complete concealment, but the latest craze for terth whitening has prompted the launch of 'Cammoshield' gumshield for ultimate backside stealth.....