The Barbel Society: Lancashire Region

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A date for your diary with updates to follow

Trevor Hoyne the Regional Organiser has finalised the date and venue for the next Lancashire meeting.
The meeting will be on Wednesday 26th October 1930hrs for a 2000hrs start.

The venue is :-

Bredbury Conservative Club,
George Lane.
Bredbury.
Stockport.
SK 61 DH

The guest speaker will be LEE SWORDS
All are welcome.
Non Barbel Society members £2.00

Reaction score
It is the law of sod...I'm trying to work out the mechanics of the 120 mile round trip....I know that sounds a little illogical...but guess who has just got a new job...60 miles from Stockport (back to the days of the Londonesque commute!!!)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just curious, what is the barbel society about, I mean what do you get from being a member etc ? Also what goes on at these meetings, you can only talk so much about barbel then things are gonna get a bit boring surely ?
It sounds like someone is making money somewhere.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You get what you want from being a member of the Barbel Society, so ask yourself, what do I want from my barbel fishing ?

Me?
I got many new friends who are interested in barbel fishing and other species, which gave me an opportunity to fish many places I wouldn't normally get an opportunity to fish.
Lots of advice and recommendations, if I needed it.
Syndicated Fisheries with members only access.
4 publications a year.
An opportunity to support the Research & Conservation Fund, which funds river/habitat improvements and general research into barbel and their habitat.

As for the meetings, if you have ever read anything that Lee Swords writes or met him you will know that it is far from boring.
You will get bait and tackle advice if needed and a chance to talk to like minded anglers.
Not certain you can make a great deal of money charging non- members £2 to attend a meeting after costs.

If you want more information on the Barbel Society, it's readily available all over the internet, just type Barbel Society in Google!

Then ask yourself, what can I do for the Barbel Society?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You get what you want from being a member of the Barbel Society, so ask yourself, what do I want from my barbel fishing ?

Me?
I got many new friends who are interested in barbel fishing and other species, which gave me an opportunity to fish many places I wouldn't normally get an opportunity to fish.
Lots of advice and recommendations, if I needed it.
Syndicated Fisheries with members only access.
4 publications a year.
An opportunity to support the Research & Conservation Fund, which funds river/habitat improvements and general research into barbel and their habitat.

As for the meetings, if you have ever read anything that Lee Swords writes or met him you will know that it is far from boring.
You will get bait and tackle advice if needed and a chance to talk to like minded anglers.
Not certain you can make a great deal of money charging non- members £2 to attend a meeting after costs.

If you want more information on the Barbel Society, it's readily available all over the internet, just type Barbel Society in Google!

Then ask yourself, what can I do for the Barbel Society?

Yeah, meeting like minded people would be good and obviously being able to visit other normaly out of bounds waters is nice...but regarding "then ask yourself, what can I do for the barbel society" I think that should be "what can the barbel society do for me". Personally I would join a club for the things it has to offer me not what I have to offer it.
By the way Fred, how much is a membership per annum ?

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last edited: