The Half Way Rule.

• Thread starter BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Steve remember it well ,not my cup of tea though and im sure not yours either.
Keith the baliffs are not always around though ,I agree you have to stand your ground with idiots but it is usually some guy or kid that wont say anything that it happens to,I just feel you should intervene for them and have offered to say something in the past but because they were just out for a quiet day they didn't want trouble ,so declined .And the nob head won in my eyes and the nice guy moved all his carp gear again.

Keith Moors

Reaction score
Frothey. I totally agree that Linear should have better marked swims, based on how it was before i left England. I can remember suggesting that Hunts Corner should only have swims on one bank with white poles on the other to demark the water belonging to each swim. I was told in no uncertain terms that it would reduce the number of anglers that could fish the lake. Unforunately the deciding factor is money.
On our lake we have placed six foot diameter f/glass bins with lillies growing in them at intervals down the center of the lake. Now the 8 swims that face each other across the main bowl of the lake have a defined space that anglers can fish to and anyone casting beyond the lillies is asked to stop being a pratt or leave. Simple innit.
We also have twenty swims and a max of 12 anglers and I think that helps as well.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
You know me well Gav, you're right!

Keith, I fished Linear once! I could not believe the amount of rods pointing at the water. If anyone is easily intimidated avoid Linear and St Johns! Sounds like you've got yours sorted, good luck mate, that's how it should be.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
When I worked at GV, I thought the dividing rope down the centre was a great idea. I used to get the boat out on a regular basis and restock my tackle box! Daft really, especially when most fish were to be had at your feet!

GV was (is) more of a match water but Gold Lake itself, which now generally attracts a different breed of angler, also has a central rope. That also serves as a deterrent to using heavy leads and has reduced the numbers of leads cracking off and whizzing past the heads of guys opposite!

Keith Moors

Reaction score
If the leads are "whizzing past" the heads of guys opposite they should learn to cast more accurately.

Keith Moors

Reaction score
If the leads are "whizzing past" the heads of guys opposite they should learn to cast more accurately.