the korum challenge

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Come on chavender your turn next!

I wonder how Gareth is doing? i've mailed him because them two i got last month wasn't in TCF this month? pick his brains will ya and ask him why?

B

Ben Paternoster 4

i think the idea is stupid like the old mission scheme people would send in pictures of a 2 pound chub and say it was 5 lb and get the badge

P

paul williams 2

Ben,
No the idea ain't stupid, it ain't my cup of tea nowadays but it ain't stupid.....it gives anglers a goal.

It will become a farce though if what you say is allowed to happen, rules should be set and adhered to, eg witness's photo,s etc.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Ben, NO it isn't stupid at all as Paul says it gives people a goal.I think it's an excellent idea to be honest.

Paul i don't think TCF will allow it to become a 'farce' it's been going quite a while now.

P

paul williams 2

We will see........when the rules start to bend......it becomes a farce, lets hope they don't.?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
But, nobody in the right mind would send in a pic of a 2lb fish, and say it's 5lb, unless they are utterly stupid. But the guys they are sending them too, will know when a fish is the size they state it is.

B

Bob Lancaster

can you answer me this i got my 5 lb 8 oz chub in nov i have a witness who saw me catch and land and whiegh it would it be too late to enter it for a badge i never realy thought about it at the time but it would be nice i suppose just a thought and yes i would enter the challenge if just for the crack the barbel is going to be my bigest problem

B

Bob Lancaster

well folks after a lot of thought i decided not to take on the challenge after all its a dam good idea and i whole heartedly support it in fact if you do go ahead with it i,ll gladly donate ? 20 to the winners charity but for myself i have never been one for badges and stuff just the pleasure of going out and having fun i only started fishing last october after 30 years off and i,m having so much fun i,m self employed and dont get to much time to myself and have to grab the odd hour or two when i can hence if you look at my recent pic i added you,ll see i,m an ugly old ... and still in me painting clothes and unshaven still it aint a beuty contest eh i like to walk the river and stalk some chub when i get chance and i have had some good ones since i started back but am joining a club this year with a good bit of water for bream and tench the latter being my favorite but i do love trotting little rivers with a centre pin and i,m lucky around my way i have some nice little rivers i will post more pics as i catch more fish i hope they bing you as much pleasure as they do me when i catch them tight lines all this is a great site

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Bob i'm not doing it for the badges, it's just nice to have some kind of goal to set myself, and it's fun in trying to do so. It's not a competition or any pressure's it's all in fun, so join in with us matey.

B

Bob Lancaster

ok love will do i,ll have a go anyway let me know when it starts and i,ll be ready i take it fish already cought dont count we must have a starting point somewhere to give everyone an equal chance let me know the rules

P

paul williams 2

Bob......it so happens i have checked up on the rules myself.

Must have a photo..pref with you holding the fish.

Must use the entry form in the mag.

You must include an independant witness.

You have 2 months from date of capture to send in your form.

The editors decision is final and NO correspondence will be entered into.....i have no doubts whatsoever that some either by naivety or willfullness WILL try to bend the rules.

B

Bob Lancaster

got all the relavent stuff you mention but out of time mate will have to catch another lol suppose i could put in the one i caught last week thats the one in the photo it went dead on 5 lb and i have pic witness and the form chears mate

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
There ya go Bob they are the rules!

We started it a few weeks ago matey so your still ok.

P

paul williams 2

Bob...sounds like you have fullfilled all the criteria....so go for it.