The New Adcock Stanton Centre Pin Reel

Reaction score
You know its funny but in fishing related costs both the Adcocks and Chris's are not to bad. When I look at poles they are fairly expensive and will never last as long as a pin yet many pay more than these reels and some change their poles after a few years and some yearly. So in all yes on face value they seem expensive but then again not if you follow me.

Still not sure about the Adcocks, would have to see one first but I went to a fairly local tackle shop and held some of the youngs pins and put them down. They just did nothing for me (I own 2 purists) and one was Rays pin and it just did not feel right. Same with a Benwick one and the Hardy one I just did not like it.

Does anyone know if this Adcock is produced by the same company or has someone else bought the name and perhaps equipment?

Alan Roe

Reaction score
I used to have an Adcock Stanton and even went to the trouble of having Richard Carter make a brass foot for it as the latter Stantons had a horrible sort of plastic reel foot. However in terms of build quality the Okuma is vastly better all round.

As far as I'm aware Cliff Adcock retired a while ago so I must assume that the new reels are being produced by someone else and looking at the pics at the start of this thread they have made quite a few changes.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Something we can at last agree on Damian. I use number 70 regularly.

Damian Kimmins

Reaction score
Nah, we have definitely agreed on something before Adrian!

Probably about two months ago now though!

I know this will sound rather derisory, but you could give me any other centrepin and I wouldn't use it for my barbel fishing.

Regards,

Damian Kimmins

R

Ray Wood 1

£500 for an Adock...you're being mugged/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif