This Years Charity Fish-In

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I say Wol thats a bit strong isn't it old chap. By the way Cakey said your swim will be on the river.
I don't polish my pipes just by a new one.
To show there is no ill feeling old boy well done again on your treble.

L

Les Clark

Hi Ozz,hope to see you in may,I know it can be hard to get time off,Ive got to get the O.k. from my mob yet,but I`ll just stamp my feet,shout and scream,and if that don`t work take sickies,see you soon mate.

O

Ozz

Hiya Les,
I'm gonna do my damndest to get there so hopefully I'll see you all again.
GB's B's are still G!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Cakey I know the lake well but would be interested in seeing the photos, are they on the site anywhere. No I haven't got broadband you have seen how rural it is here.

C

Cakey

We've decided one of the big hits of last years fish-in was the auction so badger your tackle shops please.
Also any unwanted tackle etc is welcome .
All proceeds from the auction will go to charity of Di and Posh's choice.

F

Frothey

bagder? dont you mean fox? mind you when you think about it.......

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
The Mallard lake is approx 10acres, with depths varying between 5&16ft, with plenty of underwater features,gravelbars, gravel patches, silty areas and some bloodworm beds, also lots of swan mussells. The exact stock numbers are not known but it is thought that there are in excess of 100 fish.
Best so far a mirror last out at 35lb 12oz, a common at 32lb and 2 at 31lb a fully scaled mirror and a linear. Most of the remaining fish are 20lb+ with a few mid to high doubles. Not all fish are caught at distance a friend of mine who fishes on Wed evenings in summer for Tench had 2 Carp from virtually under his rod tip, 29lb 12oz and a 22lb. The lake can get weedy in the summer so strong gear is recommended.
The lake also holds a good head of Tench upto 8lbs and a good head of double figure Bream upto at least 13lb, sadly a lot of the carp anglers regard them as nuisance fish and don't bother weighing them. I hope the above will help a bit as there is no web site. If you have any further questions I will do my best to answer or if I can't answer try to obtain an answer.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Should have also added that if anyone wants to fish the night before or the night after let me know, although it is a season ticket water I've spoken to Karen aand James the owners, and I can arrange it for the price of a day guest ticket, I believe currently ?5 a night/day.

C

Cakey

DEFFO'S MAYBE'S
WOL OZZ
SASH THRUSH
G.B. LEE
POSH IAN
STU BLACK NORTON
ME

WE NEED MORE PLEASE....