Thought provoking (C)Barbelin'

ByNasty

Reaction score
Nice p155ed posting Swordsy! Top article mate as usual and well done on the nice fish. Baz is right, you should contemplate getting together enough material for a book because not only do you you appear to put a lot of thought into your angling but your writing style is incredibly easy to read and draws the reader right into your experiences. There isn't many people that successfully find that balance (Stef and Yatesy stand out in my head as being able to)just try to do it sober!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would put Lee on the same footing as Chris Yates as being able to hold a persons attention with his writing.

L

Les Clark

Great article Lee ,Im not a barble man myself ( a bit lacking in the south east )but I found your article well written and of great interest and do you suck all the left over boilies ? lol

T

tom riordan

I think the whisper is sometime mid November swordsy. Once we get confirmation I will contact you soonest.

Lewis Albone

Reaction score
Nice read Lee, brilliant stuff.

Just a look back at the combi-rig, what knots do you use for this with the fluorocarbon and braid to the small swivel?

Lewis

L

Laurie Harper

Fascinating article, Lee. Will try some of your ideas/suggestions on the lower Thames. That's a lovely looking fish in the first photo - beautiful shape and condition. It looks very silvery, which is something I see in some of the Thames fish I catch. I find theose from smaller rivers are more bronze/old gold in colour. I suppose their shade develops to suit the environment they live in. Intriguing creatures, these barbel. Thanks for an interesting read.

B

BLAM

Thought provoking articles to be sure. Can I ask what length fluro and braid lengths you used for the general purpose clear water rig?

B

Big Swordsy :O)

around a foot to 18 inch is average but sometimes longer and othertimes as short as a couple of inches.

B

BLAM

Thanks for the pointers. I used the rig and managed a pristine 9lber 2nd cast.