Thugs attack EA baliff

M

madpiker

let`s hope that this scum get caught and get a severe punishment.
i remember back in 1995 when myself,jc and the secretary of a local club, were walking the local canal bank checking licences,we came across a bloke unhooking a tench.when he was asked for his licences(club and rod)he became agressive and said that he didn`t need them!
we phoned the local nra bailiff who was on the bank within 10 minutes.
the angler in question threw a punch at the bailiff,who just happened to be an ex para!the result was,mateys rod got broken,the rest of his tackle was confiscated and we never saw him again.
the police were called,but recognised him as a well known violent offender,they let him leave on his pushbike without giving any details.
ps,when the thugs rod got broken,he complained that his mate would be pissed off with him ,as his mate had lent it to him,along with the rest of his kit.

C

Chub King

There are certainly plenty of rumours flying about concerning this incident. If the police have registration number/s then it's most likely that they'll catch up with the idiot responsible who could well be in serious trouble for assualting a bailiff, and rightly so!
I don't know about what you've heard Frothey, but I spoke to the owner this morning who claimed he wasn't on site at all on the day of the incident. I've never been to the fishery, but I personally think that calling for a bouycott is a bit much. The truth will come out in the wash. Anyone with any concrete facts should call the police constable with their information.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have had anglers (strangers) help me out in the past, when I have got into a spot of bother.
And I have also had anglers (known ones) gather into a group to watch what they must have regarded as the evenings entertainment.

S

Steaker - WTSSG(hon)

Why would any self respecting angler allow a thug or group to intimidate and abuse an official who is acting in their best interests.
It can't be fear, as by weight of numbers alone most bullies could be deterred.
You may be right Baz and rather than doing what's right, they're only interested in the spectacle.

F

Frothey

i know nothing greg (no, really!) - that was a post lifted from another site.

Loz

Reaction score
Perhaps there should be a code of practice whereby rod licenses are inspected by fishery staff BEFORE day tickets are issued. The more often licenses are inspected the less of a stigma will be attached by it. Anglers will get used to showing licenses and those that don't carry them will quickly realise that day ticket waters are a no-go area for them. That would allow overstretched EA baiiffs to concentrate on free stretches of the rivers.

Glad to hear the two bailiffs are recovering. I hope the the scumbags are nicked and severely punished.

C

Chub King

I think that would be a great thing Loz. Hopefully a big day ticket fishery somnewhere will take up the torch and run with it to inspire others. But there will always be the concern among fishery owners that they'll end up turning away potential customers.

A

Ashe Hurst

I often get anglers produce a licence without me asking. The EA asked if i could check licences, however i cant enforce and dont want to stand around for hours, next to an angler who i have just reported. so i dont do licence checks.

I carry my licence & photo I/D card with RIVER KEEPER on my fleece, they all think im EA. some even come to me and say they have forgoten thier licence and will bring it next time. The next time i see them they show me thier licence and i dont have to ask.

Even the kids seem to see a licence as a badge of honor, they get excited and wave them about.

Still get some Adults who recon you dont need one on a river, say theres no river close season and are against it. If close season i just walk past and call them in. The EA soon arrive. Never Mind. This year only a stoned out his face kid and a group of teenagers beered up with micky mouse kit. so the message is getting through.

As to litter & dog shite bags, yes every day.

Angling litter: 1 ground bait bag, 1 bait box, 2 floats and empty hook packet and a bank stick, and some TWAT whos left 30ft of Brown 15 lb line.

Not much in 6 weeks of school holidays over a 2 mile stretch.

I even tied a bin sack to a post. 4 days later its still there and filled with litter. The other end of the path is full of litter. So i will tie a second bag at the messy end, clean up, then wait and see what happens to this bag over 4 days.

Yes im very scientific in my ways. No bins = lots of litter

1 bin = reduction of litter
2 bins = reduction of more litter = me cleaning up less shite.

A

Ashe Hurst

EA out this bank holiday weekend checking licences, i had to call the EA hot line and 30 mins later it was responded to. seems even the call center staff were overstreched and under staffed.

Still recon tackle shops should sell only on production of licence.

Any knews on this Arse who Digged the EA chap?