Time to get my carp head on

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
P

paul williams 2

OOOOOOOOO Ed, was that true about Walker?....next you will be telling me he had sweet FA to do with radar and mended lawnmowers! ;)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

I've just had a telephone conversation with Ed.

I took him to my little lake on Google Earth. Ed agrees with me, the place is gorgeous, and for my ?80 a year I also get to fish all the other lakes in the valley, including one of them with big crucians to 3 lbs and tench to 6 lbs.

And then there is a stretch of the Don with good chub and double figure barbel. And then over the hill I have my trout fishing on Thrybergh.

Eat your hearts out you Southerners, Mancs, Brummies and Scousers.

You have nothing like I have.

Whooo Hooo!!!

:eek:D

Not only that I took Ed to my old home in SA.

I shed tears just looking at it.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ron always does floaters ---Its all the figs /.....

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Eat your hearts out you Southerners, Mancs, Brummies and Scousers."

Hang on a minute Ron.

5 miles from your house?
Google earth?
Hmmmmmm?

;-)

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Ron your boilies should so the trick but don't forget the most important component; will you?

A heavier than average priest.

R

Well Ric, if it was a commercial fishery, I would certainly take my priest along. His name is Brother Nicholas of the order of the Manc Boggarts of course.

He has a few good recipes.

However these are proper carp, and a unhooking mat and Kryston Klinik will be part of my kit.

R

And The Monk is certainly heavier than average.

T

The Monk

sound a great little water Ron, margin fishing, lovely stuff, not your margin of course but the one under the guys feet sat 200 yards away.

Seriously I`d go for the traditional methods and baits, so get the gaff out and the treble hooks

a good old float rod with a worm in the margins in the morning while everyone else is alsleep in the bivvy, chase the smoke screeners, tenters (no thats not carp anglers) and bubblers works every time and if you do decide to shave your head, slap a coat of cammo on it when you`ve finished, or maybe a real tree tattoo, if only to prevent flash

R

And then there is another vital technique to learn - posing!

If you hold a fish you have to turn sort of sideways with your head bent looking at the head of the fish with a sort of bored expression.

Isn't that right Monk?

And then how to attract ruffe slappers to your bivvy, and the doppel ganger who collects your boilie giro.

All vital parts of being a successful carp angler.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North) aka Fester

I have a photo of Rons private syndicate water, I hope to be posting it over the weekend.

R

And listen at this chaps!!

I went out today and bought........

A rod pod!!!!

What is happening to me?

C

Christian Tyroll

'Don't need pods as far as I can see'

oh Ron, tackle tart fever is it?

R

No Christian it's The Monk's influence!!

captain carrott

Reaction score
are the banks hard ron, if not as you stated you don't need a pod, so why you gone and bought one.

my theory is he's turning into a new labourite and he's doing uturns as fast as 2 jags presscott.