trottingdowntheriver

theartist

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, you can read them anytime no rush, since starting the blog it's opened up a new avenue where every fishing trip seems to be an adventure so I'll continue even if very few read it.

The things we see as fishers, the characters we meet, the scenery and wildlife, plus the scrapes and laughs along the way - I'm just lucky to be chronicling some of these as I ramble along. We are a lucky bunch indeed.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Just read the roach and pellet blog, very good, a few tips for a 2lb failed "roach angler". These are well good enough for articles Art, Mike is right they should be more visible. Or a book, with your drawings as well, that would make a great book in my opinion.

theartist

Reaction score
Thanks Mark, it's all about having a bit of fun, I'm still learning like everyone else so if people read the blog or don't i'll still plod on, I keep meaning to do a few illustrated blog posts but always have people's dogs to draw etc :)

Here's my last of the river season due to work and family commitments.

trottingdowntheriver.blogspot.com - The Perfect End to the River Season

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Thanks Mark, it's all about having a bit of fun, I'm still learning like everyone else so if people read the blog or don't i'll still plod on, I keep meaning to do a few illustrated blog posts but always have people's dogs to draw etc :)

Here's my last of the river season due to work and family commitments.

trottingdowntheriver.blogspot.com - The Perfect End to the River Season
I think you under rate yourself, like Mike said I often miss your blogs but always a good read. Your just having a bit of fun and I understand that but there are many, including me couldn't make a blog like that and your pictures are just superb. I have two but have not got round to framing them yet. I will order some more sometime, fancy the one of the Red Kites. Which leads me to another question, I use a bird watching site and they would just love your It's My River - By Robin Erithacus Rubecula. Could I have your permission to post that on there? I can ask them to do a link to your art if you like but they may not give permission for that, I do not know what there rules are but the article would be most popular I am sure.
As for a book, I would be happy to compile all your blogs into one and self publish it if you want. Fishing books do not sell well but nothing ventured and what is to lose. PM me about that if you wish, maybe we could have a conversation about it.

Philip

Reaction score
Another good installment and I agree, these really should have a wider audience.

Have you considered submitting some to Kirsty ? ...Perhaps she could put them as a "front page" article on the site for a couple of days. I believe the contract/agreement with John Bailey, Dave Coster and Robbie Northman is due to end soon so perhaps there may be a gap for you to headline for a day or two.

Your 100 rivers in particular deserves more recognition I recon.

theartist

Reaction score
Thanks Phillip, my audience will grow over time I guess, not that was ever my goal but it is really nice to hear people enjoying these write ups. I'd be happy for any of my articles to feature on the site although I'd be loathe to compare myself to the aforementioned anglers. I've only been doing the blog less than 2 years so small acorns and all that.

The 100 river adventure I may turn into a book one day, just need to do more individual stories from it and quite a few illustrations, whilst it isn't yet a work in progress it's certainly looking like it's in the pipeline the more feedback I get.

theartist

Reaction score
200 rivers :)

...its good to dream ;)
I think I've lost my mojo on that one mate, chasing those little blue lines on maps was for the 100 even though there's some glaring omissions that would be easy to fish now and I'll no doubt add to that tally further like I am doing but at a wonderfully leisurely pace, It's good to dream for sure but sometimes reliving those past experiences are better

I feel if I got greedy and ended up fishing one more of those dodgy council estate jobbies I may regret one bad experience, throw in the price of petrol etc and I'm happy to stick to 100 as a landmark. Seems a lifetime away now but it was such a positive experience I kind of don't want to tarnish it by pushing further than I ought.

mikench

Reaction score
Two lovely blogs Rob as usual. My last foray for tench was also amidst that mini heatwave which was similar to one last year in which I cooked my legs. I braved the shorts and glad I did as it turned out to be very warm in the sun. No tench unlike last year but lots of brimstone butterflies and commas. The sight of butterflies really lifts my spirits regardless of the fishing. I trimmed some brambles and some overhead branches but haven't been back since. I will return though after my little jaunt to France.

Keep writing Rob as your blogs are enjoyable to read and a reminder, if one was necessary, that there is more, much more, to à days fishing than catching fish.

theartist

Reaction score

mikench

Reaction score
Very welcome posts Rob and up to your usual high standards. The goldfish and Percy Perch were real chunksters.