UNDER GUNNED ?

Catfishingham

Reaction score
Hi All, I would like to thank every one whom shared there knowledge and made recommendations on the purchase of a carp rod. I contacted “Leslies of Luton” and “The Tackle Shop” about purchasing two rods. were 80 GBP each, Leslies wanted 110 GBP for shipping; The Tackle Shop wanted 95 GBP for shipping. It looks like I will have to settle for what I can find here in the states. Considering the below rod.Rod, Wacker Avalanche Heavy Feeder 14' 3+3 pc. http://www.wackerbaits.com/sf/index1.html

These rods have very sensitive tips for bit detection and fairly strong butt sections for landing the fish. These are "heavy" feeder rods - will handle large, loaded feeders. Carp up to 39 lbs have been landed with this rod and one 65 lb sturgeon. (Email from Wacker Baits)

These rods should handle any large carp & Cat fish I may encounter, also I think the length will help in float fishing, right?Again thanks All, ****

Big Sky

Reaction score
nice to see that some places in the collonies are still treating carp as a fish and not a brit without a green card. hope youall have a nice day now./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

they haven't got cork bits but please check the Chub new range or the Middey 30 plus or fishtec/TF GEAR the latter has a lifetime backing on all rods all three worth a look.SO have fun Cat and remember the dollor is a lot higher than the pound at the moment so find them good deals mattie.

BS

issimmo

Reaction score
Hi Cat, I don't know if you're still searching for rods, but you can buy from the States rods for other fish, ie salmon, pike. A friend of mine has bought a pair of rods for Stilhead and he is very pleased with them. They're 12 ft and the only diference is that they don't have a TC but the weight you can cast, ie 2.5oz to 3.5oz. Check the Cabelas website and see what you can find.
Cheers, Mike.