Watch Out

Paul Johnson

Reaction score
Will anyone selling anything on this site BEWARE, I advertised a couple of bite alarms and was contacted by someone called Phillip who said he wanted them and needed my details and he would arrange collectionand, for my trouble he would compensate me with ?50, the alarms were ?20, and he would send me a cheque for ?2000 to put into my bank and I could take the ?50 out of this, he asked for my details which of course I did not send, so if anyone else has something like this happen DO NOT give anyone your bank details, you have been warned>

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Play them along then pass the info to the Police. I still can not believe that people still fall for this scam.

Milo

Reaction score
Paul, I've heard that scam before too!

The ?2000 cheque will appear to clear, so the victim will take his cut and send off the goods along with a cheque for the remainder of the original cheques value. A couple of days later, the bank will debit your account for ?2000 as the first cheque will bounce, leaving the victim with no goods and no money. The scammer will then have his goods and a large sum of cash too!

As Bryan says, take as much info as you can, without giving the scammer your own details, and pass it onto the Police.

Paul Johnson

Reaction score
Cheers Milo
but I had no intention of getting caught thats why I sent out the warning so no one else would, lets hope these scumbags are caught. Cheers . Paul.