Waterproofs Sizes

S

Stuart Bullard

Rik - to answer your original post headline.....yes!

I too have a friend who does army surplus, but certainly doesnot mark them up that much. Agreed, sometime quality is iffy, but if you go for basically anything non UK, its normally top gear. Apparently German, Dutch and French is the top gear....why am I not surprised, our guys always get the crap. Its a good job they are the best soldiers.

........lets face it, you are a tackle tart!

A

Andrew Thomas

Well, I too use surplus camo goretex: both overtrousers (Belgian) and jacket (French)were brand new and are of superb quality; definitely superior in waterproofing to my Berghaus and Helly Hansen jackets. Cost ?115 including delivery. Can't afford to be a tart!

C

Carp Angler

Sundridge Leaftex RRP ?155 for jacket and trousers (brand new)
Cost to me is a bit cheaper ;o)

C

Carp Angler

No, in my original post, no Leaftex until January.

I went for one of their other 2 piece suits.
(Bib n brace and 3/4 jacket)
Can't remember the name, I'll show it to you on Wednesday if you're interested.

S

Stormin' Norman

Stuart, don't stand next to any hoary old oak tree's on wednesday, it'll probally be Rik in disguise....

S

Stuart Bullard

Yes, I'd like to have a look.......I am assuming its a light weight over jacket / trousers as opposed to their 2 piece heavy weight, which I have (and boy is it heavy).

Mind you, I think Sundridge stuff is really well made. My suit has been to hell and back and as yet not one leak, tear or dodgy zip. My mate bought the latest one on Saturday (after seeing me all warm and snug). Its a lot lot better in terms of weight.

S

Stuart Bullard

.....just to clarify, he saw me warm and snug after a last minute decision to go fishing Friday night when Atcham was cancelled. I didn't want any misinterpretations.

G

gary knowles

Rik and Stormin,

Just go to outdoor world, buy a tent and cut a hole in the top for your head....:eek:)

whinging buggers....

A

andrew jackson

Rik try Aqua Vista they will custom make any of their products to your exact measurements.

S

Stuart Bullard

I saw some "demo" Leaftex at the weekend. Quality seemed great, hated the pattern. There would be a real danger of a dog pissing up your leg if you stood still too long..........

Andrew, I think "exact measurements" are a moving feast with Stormin and Rik....

E

EC

I Have to agree about the sundridge gear being the bollocks, have had a 2 piece igloo suit for 4 years nearly now, I rarely use a brolly and often sit on the floor or a mat when river fishing, havent been let down at all, havent reproofed it, it has been washed a few times and its still apot on in terms of waterproof and warmth to such a degree that I often leave the fleece out, even in winter.