What a naff licence!

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
Mine goes in the permit wallet every year but I haven't been asked to produce it by the EA for well over 20 yrs. I get asked why I bother to get one, the answer is:

a) I don't like fishing looking over my shoulder.:eek:
b) It's the only way I exist officially as an angler.;)

On the subject of the original point, I can't see what's wrong with it. It's a lot better than the old paper ones.

Stu

barbelboi

Reaction score
There's one thing about the paper ones, I've kept a copy from a few years ago that is completely blank as the Indian gentleman in the sub-post office near my local tackle dealer obviously didn't know how to deal with it. I've never have my license checked on club waters but on a rare visit to Lake John (Waltham Abbey) at the time we had a good laugh with the EA guys that checked the ticket.
Jerry

flightliner

Reaction score
I have a collection of river board liscenses from the midd thirties thro the forties (wonderful optimism-- what a two fingered salute to old Adolf-- I,m going fishing mate, F O!) and into the seventies which just about cover a normal angling life.If I were to show one to a bailiff today would he let me off do you think (lol)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have a collection of river board liscenses from the midd thirties thro the forties (wonderful optimism-- what a two fingered salute to old Adolf-- I,m going fishing mate, F O!) and into the seventies which just about cover a normal angling life.If I were to show one to a bailiff today would he let me off do you think (lol)

I love the Adolf bit...Great stuff!!!

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
I have a nice printing company that send me examples of laminated membership cards every year. There are always 2-3 clear selfadhesive credit card size envelopes amongst them, just right for the EA RL and ATr membership cards. I dont know what the problems are with what we get :confused:

flightliner

Reaction score
I dont know what the problems are with what we get
John, for what you pay they are simply cheap and nasty.If they were laminated at the very least then I would accept them.
Wouldnt even mind so much if I saw a bailiff once in a while instead of still waiting for a check up for the first time since the early seventies.

sam vimes

Reaction score
John, for what you pay they are simply cheap and nasty.If they were laminated at the very least then I would accept them.
Wouldnt even mind so much if I saw a bailiff one in a while instead of still waiting for a check up for the first time since the early seventies.

What are you doing with them that it matters a toss that they are cheap and nasty? Would you be happy paying extra just for them to upgrade the material that the licence is made from?

They are miles better than the old paper licence. They are cheap and nasty, and long may it remain so, keep unnecessary costs down to a minimum. If what you do with them is so damaging to a plasticised paper card that it necessitates further lamination, get it done yourself.

Reaction score
Mine goes in my wallet and at the end of the season looks as good as new.

Not sure what the problem is???

Keep the cost down and the impact on the environment (er..they are the EA, so I would expect they also consider how green the cards are)