''What do you want from FM?''

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
"An easier numpty friendly way of uploading pics"

Oh, yes!!! Tinypics or Postimage are pretty close to intuitive, Botoph**ket and whatever FM uses require a three-day residential course just to realise they're not worth bothering with.
Numpties of the world, unite, we have nothing to strain but our brains...

no-one in particular

Reaction score
All I ever really wanted from FM is adulation, worship and applause for my scintillating posts and personality. Not to mention 100% recognition for my angling prowess. This has not happened yet but I am patient, the "your an idiot, don't know what your talking about, you must be a plonker etc etc" is only a joining initiation phase that has lasted these last 8 years. However, the powers of FM aught to make this initiation phase a bit shorter. I mean I understand new members have to be broken in but 8 years is a bit long.

Last edited:

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Yes. The actual pics to come up rather than a link.

And a confirmation of whether Binkas pie eating should be in the Specimen, Match or Pleasure section.

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
Upload pic's to 'Gallery' first. This gives them a URL which you use when uploading into Forums.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Just tried; told file exceeded something or other. No obviously visible resizing facilty (which both Tinypics and Postimage have).
For gods sake fit something that works! If little one-man forums can have one or both, why have users of a large one like this got to jump through hoops?

swizzle

Reaction score
Don't worry about that, your doing him a favour buddy, there has to be a reason why he goes through so many chairs, literally. ?

Cliff Hatton

Reaction score
I've inquired about this, folks, and the first response was that there's no short-cut, but on the strength of the BFW comment (above) I'll look into it again.

Ed

flightliner

Reaction score
I've inquired about this, folks, and the first response was that there's no short-cut, but on the strength of the BFW comment (above) I'll look into it again.

Ed
I hope it can be improved on.
Like Alan says, on tiny little forums its so so easy, even I have no real problems, three clicks and its done--- upload, browse, download , easy !!
Its always prevented me and perhaps many other from both posting and showing parts of a day bankside, something that lessons the FM experience!

daniel121

Reaction score
download.jpg

View image in gallery

I've just tried to upload a picture, not sure if it's worked yet, its took me a while so hope it does:D

*edit*

Hey :cool: I'll be honest that was not easy but I figured it out, being honest I'm pretty poo at computers so I'm quite happy with that.

Fishing magic management

Maybe a video tutorial could be made and mame it a sticky at the top of every sub forum? To help us oldies out?

Last edited:

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I don't want to undergo a tutorial, I know there is software out there that is easy to use, it's installed on other forums!
I don't mind using a words-only forum, or I wouldn't be here, but every now and then it would be nice or even helpful to add a picture to a post. But if I feel it's actually necessary, it's easier to use another forum. Or keep shtum.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Said it a few times in the past. The forum runs on an old version of VBulletin software, version 3.8.4 according to the source code, plus I would think, some add ons and plenty of fixes.

The current market version of VBulletin is v.5 "Connect" and includes IOS and Android compatibility (have you seen what the site and forum look like on your phone/tablet without viewing via one of the few decent apps out there?).

For the grand sum of USD360 it can be upgraded from V4. But "our" version 3 is probably no longer supported. It's ancient when compared to most other forum capability out there.

Just requires a little investment and a bit of time and effort!

:confused:

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Same again this morning for three hours FM refuses to connect. It's just not good enough, members should expect to be able to connect, it's happening too often. And as Neil points out the site owners must be aware of where the problem lies. Is this how we the membership are valued.

Am I being naive when I say there are no rewards, other than the pleasure of contributing for any member. So it smacks of indifference to me, and from what I've seen on here many members feel the same. Nuff said.

thecrow

Reaction score
Its annoying to not be able to access FM its happened more often to me over the last few weeks and when I finally do get on its slower than a slow thing when every other site is fine

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Derek.
Not quite true. You can win the article competition running at the moment with a day or two fishing on the Wye and overnight at Chez Elliott.

Also I did win the caption comp once winning some float stops or similar. Never got them but I did win them.

B

binka

I won a tub of Aqua Spawn not too long ago which Laguna (Chris) very kindly sent out straight away.

Very nice too, I ate 'em on some buttered crackers that same night :D

I was up with chronic heartburn early this morning around 4.30 for a good couple of hours and couldn't get on FM again.

greenie62

Reaction score
...Very nice too, I ate 'em on some buttered crackers that same night :D....

:eek:mg:Oh No, Binka! - That's the reason for your heartburn - buttered crackers :eek: - everyone knows you should eat caviar on blinis with sour cream! :eek:mg::cool:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I have been unable to log in for a spell most mornings for some time, its usually between 7am and 9 am. The same this morning for about half an hour. It always seems to go right at some time so its just a bit irritating and I thought it was something to do with my connection but as others have experienced it, probably not.
The picture thing should be a concern for the management, I only do it with reluctance and if I think its important, its such a palaver-more pictures would enhance the site massively and attract more hits/posters/members maybe. As a website is monetarily valued on this usually, how attractive are they to advertisers buyers ect, I think this would be a priority to the owners.