What is your New Year's Resolution?

A

Andy Nellist

Bill, I'm a smokeaholic but I gave up smoking 2 years ago after 22 years of 20 a day. At first i missed the joy of sparking up and enjoying a fag when things were going slow. Now at nearly 40 i'm fitter than at any time in my adult life, i have far more energy than when I smoked and I tend to fish more often, better and with more success than before. If you give up and stick to it it'll be one of the best things you ever do.

B

Bill Eborn

Thanks Andy
Tell you what if giving up smoking brings me half as many six pound chub as you caught the other night, I will be absolutely delighted. Obviously there's a bit more to it than that, but I'm sure not wheezing as you approach the swim helps enormously.

B

Barry Fleming

Be more attentive as to where I am chubbing and what I am doing.

Keep a proper record of my catches/blanks.

Above all enjoy it.

Have another go at stopping smoking.

Ask Ron Clay if we should have a be nice to scoucers day and when.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I hereby proclaim that March 22nd 2004, my birthday, shall be FMs "Nice to Scousers Day"

We must plan this day very carefully. Monk, have you got any ides?

B

Barry Fleming

Iv'e noted it down Ron.
But I may have to get a lot of badness out of my system before then.

B

Bill Eborn

Mine's the twentieth Ron. Although as a Brightonian I may spend that day being nice to people from Hove actually.

D

Dave Slater

After we have had Ron's "Nice to Scousers Day" perhaps Bill can organise a "Nice to Lord Eubank of Brighton Day".

B

Bill Eborn

'Lord Eubank of Hove actually' Dave and no I'm not prepared to go quite that far, not until he stops grinning at people on his Harley down on the sea front anyway.

On the subject of Hove based celebs, down here we are all very happy to see (Fat Boy)Norman and Zoe happy again. I understand that Norman likes to do a bit of fishing now and again too. I'm not sure what he fishes for, but their little bit of private beach shelves off very nicely with a bit of rough ground not too far out.

There's one track, the title escapes me for a moment, but I'm sure the lyric went something like: "I've got a Bass plug baby...."