What toys do you take on long sessions

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
My Tackle, bait, and a Radio.

I like to sit and watch the wildlife, and am forever watching the water for any signs of fish.

I have a mate who takes two bivvies, YES TWO. One for him to sleep in, the other as a kitchen for cooking, and i am not joking. He has a TV, Radio, Beers, and has to make one than two trips sometimes to his swim.

He wonders why he blanks sometimes, I tell him. Mate it takes you so long to set everything up, its then time to go home.

I don't do the beer either, I go fishing to get away from TV etc etc. A text to the misses to let her know i got to the fishery ok, then the phone gets turned off. I will text her every morning just to make sure everything is ok, thats it, the phone goes off again.

peytr

Reaction score
None. The phone is with me but I don't consider this a toy. I sometimes carry a small version of "The compleat angler". But I wouldn't call a sacred writing a toy.

The seat box or fly fishing vest on the other hand contain enough (mostly pleasant) surprises to keep me busy if the fishing or surroundings aren't enough.