What was the last fish

Stick_Float

Reaction score
A 22lb 8oz mirror.

I was roach/rudd fishing on the waggler but after getting smashed up by 2 carp on my light gear I remembered I had my barbel rod in my rod bag, tackled up and before long it was away and this time I had enough in the tackle to see it home.

Spooked the Rudd and Roach though!

Last edited:

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Rather sadly it was the smallest tench I have ever seen, even with my glasses on it looked like a gudgeon as I netted it. ( I don't swing anything in, for fear of offending Neptune)

I had about thirty fish last night as the Sun went down and I'd promised the dog we'd leave after the next fish.

Well a promise is a promise and he kips in the back of the car with my cane rods, so I wasn't about to break my word.

:wh

jcp01

Reaction score
That's the trouble with catching fish in good numbers for just the fun Rufus, you get a bit careless, dropped few.
Rumour had it there were roach to 1:12, so went in hope to a new venue, to try and see if the elusive 2lb was in residence!
Next time maybe.

Still, nearly twenty pounds of roach is a phenomenal catch by any standard - imagine getting twenty pounds plus of roach, including a two pounder...

Now that's some kind of Golden Double surely?

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Couple of lb's of small perch on the whip using artificial bloodworm on the hook.

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Sagalout........Oh very comical but I'm not biting..................BUT beware man throwing bricks in your one pond in Torquay-you're easy to find!

Come to think of it,are you sure it wasn't the sea...or a backgarden somewhere??

(just watching a pair of Bullfinches bathing in my garden pond-such beautiful colours....I wonder if Dulux could do a match....sorry about that-bit off subject..)

I have to say Ron was a bit casual around his catch-still,perhaps he does this quite often....all down(or up) to Ron's for the weekend then!!

ps I reckon Stickfloat was at Savay......probably in Hutchinsons swim which is almost cheating!!

Last edited:

slb

Reaction score
!8lb tench...but just before that i had a 20lb-7oz

That's one hell of a tench!

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Small carp on the pole at the Cider Farm in last Sunday's match. Hoping for some proper double-figure commons while testing a rod at Millhayes next...

teztench

Reaction score
Yesterday I caught 2 Tench First one 2LB the second one was 2LB-4OZ.1 Crucian at 1LB-6OZ,and 1skimmer,and 5 roach.All caught on maggots.Tight Lines

Beaker

Reaction score
6 carp on the method feeder to 11lb and lost as many a couple real animals. The venue,my local club water, the bait corn and pellets.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Managed a quick session earlier just short of an hour but i caught a pike of about 8 or 9lbs and it had the worst bite ive seen on a pike.Not the biggest bite ive seen but it was deep and the flesh looked washed out around the wound. Looking at the size of the bite it looked like a pike of similar size had done it.