what's the best part of fishing for you

iannate

The fish made me do it!
Reaction score
As already said: being there on your own, somehwere never (or at least not often) fished.

As already said: it's more difficult.

But I still go all the same:)

smufter

Reaction score
As others have said...getting to the lake at first light on a warm, Summers morning. Not a hint of breeze, not a ripple on the water with the mist starting to rise. You are the first one there and get your favourite swim. In front of you, lots of tell tale pin prick bubbles, letting you know the Tench are up and about and on the feed. To your right, the reeds being knocked about by some mysterious, unseen Carp looking for a bite to eat. You just know that if you plop a nice piece of crust or breadflake down there, you will soon hear that lovely slurp and your rod tip will go.
Sitting back in your chair, and even at 5 in the morning you can feel the suns warmth already working it's magic.
Wood pigeons start their cooing, which immediately takes me back to when I was 12 years old, fishing the old "daff" lake for small roach and crucians. Took ages to walk to that small lake, set in the middle of some fields. 9 times out of 10 you fished it on your own. Only had one rod already set up, no extra tackle (you couldn't afford it!). If you got tangled up and lost it you had to search the bushes in the hope that you could find something to use that somebody else had lost or misplaced. Sometimes you were lucky, other times you weren't and had to walk all the way home again! Doesn't matter where I am, or what I am doing, that noise always reminds me of that.

David Dalton

Reaction score
Seeing a pike grab your surface fished lure - there's nothing more exciting. Hooking something large and not being sure what it is until you can see it on the surface - I love the anticipation.

frothy

Reaction score
I enjoy the who event from being out in the garage getting my gear readythe night before to the final cast the following day. I love "being there" and enjoy the company of fellow anglers (carp fishermen and punshers excluded)

Last edited: