Which bite alarms?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Peter,

Not sure if you've got your alarms yet. But I've just come across this, which seems a very good offer. I don't know anything about this model, or how they compare to the Delkims, but worth a look?

Fox Micron RX Digital Blue Presentation Alarm Set - Only £325.00 - Poingdestres

That is a pretty good offer to be honest.

But, I've lashed out now on the Delkims together with the Nite-lites and Carbon hangers and the remote.

Purple Haze as reecommended by Wol . . . .

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I have had the Delkims for many years now and they are out on the bank four or five times a week. In all the time I have had them they have all worked faultlessly in all condition. They are very adjustable especially the sensitivity allowing as much as 300mm of line movement before signalling a take down to about 1mm of line movement. The anti theft feature is really neat giving me peace of mind that my rods and reel will all still be where I left them when I get up in the morning.
Regarding the delks being waterproof well mine got flattened into the lake by a couple of swams trying to escape a dog that was trying to eat them once retrieved one worked well but sounded wet ?. the second just sounded all the time. I took them both home washed them in warm water and put them in the airing cupboard and the next day they were good as new. So Yes get the delks you will love them.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Delks all the way

I switched to Delks for everything but barbelling about 2 or 3 years ago and wish I'd have done it sooner. The sensitivty, adjustment and variety of features have been perfect. I especially like them when fishing super tight lines for roach or slack lines and light indicators for perch. I'm still on the original batteries - maybe I'm not getting enough bites!

I still prefer roller wheel alarms for session barbelling on fast rivers (that'll be the Trent) as you don't get as many phantom bleeps. I feel a set of ATTS coming on.

Marker

Reaction score
i've been a delkim user since the mid 90's, first i had standard delks, then i upgraded to txi's and now i have the txi plus, you won't go wrong with delks, they are the best buzzers on the market and completely reliable;):cool:

Nathan

Reaction score
I've been a Delk user since the mid 90's and I'm still using them!

This is starting to sound like a substance abuse centre!!

"Hi my name is nathan & im a delkim user. I've got a pair of txi plus' and i love them"