Which record would you like to break!!

N

Nigel Moors.

I think the gudgeon was a fairly long standing one but was targeted by that chap who recently went after 3 or 4 of the smaller fish records.

We should know these off the top of our heads really. Always did do when I was young but so many people now fish for many more reasons than record breaking that I think only the specimen hunters with that particular angle, can do it. And then probably not all of them - only the ones they're interested in.

Is there a web page that lists the records? Along with the catch details? That would give us our answers - pleeeeaaaseee don't say there is one on this site or a link to it!!

Y

yoggy

I agree nigel,i used to know all the records off by heart but now i`d struggle to name half of them!!.But an up-dated link on the site would be nice for reference purposes......i fear a smartarse is on the horizon nigel!!!!!! :-}

njb51

Reaction score
Walleye, (Pikeperch) - Stizostedion vitreum

11lb 12oz 0dr 5.329kg

F. Adams

The Delph, Welney, Norfolk

Y

yoggy

Really!!! thats only 10miles from where i live!!!!,i`ve never heard of this record before!.

A

andy driver

I'd love to go back to Dobbs Wier in Hoddesdon where the current chub record was set recently at 8lb 13oz. I fished it regularly as a kid and had no idea the chub went that big (my p.b. is 4lb).

Alternatively, a new Rudd record would be fantastic. A sadly neglected species these days. Did anyone see the episode of Go Fishing where John Wilson caught six three pounders in a session?

A

andy driver

Smart arse to the rescue!!!
Try www.maggotdrowning.com
Weights, venues, angler profiles and methods for all the records (actually I'm that smart - I had to use the site to look up the exact Chub record Weight!).

colsmiff

Reaction score
"it would have to be the Gudgeon record or the minnow record as its the one record thats likly to stand for the longest."

Chavender can now add prophecy to his list of talents!

Y

yoggy

According to this weeks AT,the minnow record has been broken.........sorry colsmiff!!!!! :-]

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Shame the minnow record being claimed is 9 grams short of the record. The record is 13.5 drams not grams. Look up the official list; 13.5 drams (0.024Kg). No new record at all just egg on some faces. The fish being claimed is 15 grams against 24 grams for the record. Even my best properly weighed minnow is over 18 grams! So no prophecy...And no new record...

Y

yoggy

Thanks for that mark,looks like someones buggered up then!!!!,shame really as it would have been an unusual record to break in these times of "big fish".

D

David Marrs

I'd like to be the guy to catch the UK's first authenticated 20lb Zander!!!

''the next ones 6lb 2oz or it was last time it was caught'' - After pondering some while on it Jason, I now realise where your somewhat smug reply to a recent thread of mine entitled 'Each one a BRFC record' came from! Well done if you caught it, hope you have a camera with you next time fella :)

D

David Marrs

''Walleye, (Pikeperch) - Stizostedion vitreum

11lb 12oz 0dr 5.329kg

F. Adams

The Delph, Welney, Norfolk''

''Really!!! thats only 10miles from where i live!!!!,i`ve never heard of this record before!.''

In 1925, 20 fish thought as American 'Black Bass' were released into the Gt Ouse at Earith but were subsequently found to have been 'Pike Perch' or as known scientifically, 'Stizostedion Vitreum' - 'Walleye'.

The fish was caught in 1934, I wonder if any others from the batch were caught.

D

David Marrs

Denis Flack is the man who targets the smaller fish record lists and full credit to the chap, he catches em for sure!

Please correct me if I am wrong, someone mentioned earlier about the Dace record being a long standing one, I know Dennis has targeted it but didn't quite manage it. Has it stood since about 1961?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
The Rev. Alston's rudd record stood for a long time until beaten comparatively recently.
If only it could be authenticated then a grayling caught in 1888 would hold the record!

Y

yoggy

So does anyone actually know the longest standing freshwater record for any species?.I reckon Dave is right about the Dace record,a bloke at work said the same thing..looks like dace it is then?.

D

David Marrs

If I am right Yoggy, I reckon it was caught in 1961 from the Little Ouse, I know Denis Flack came close <within 1oz or so> about 3 or 4 times in the mid 90's!