Whins pond

flearoy

Reaction score
Hi all has anyone fished at whins pond near penrith cant find much about ie how much rules etc

Keith M

Reaction score
Never fished there myself but Whins Pond Information can be found on the following website; including a phone number for you to phone for info:

Hope this helps

Keith

Last edited:

nottskev

Reaction score
I fished there whilst staying in Penrith for a couple of days. With the lake to myself on a fine late spring morning, I set up on one of the comfortable roadside swims. After 4 hours without a bite or a sign it contained fish, I packed up and scooted off a few miles - there'd been a Where To Fish piece in Anglers' Mail recently about a day ticket pond on a farm not far away. I pulled up at the place - the lane and farm names matched the article - and before I'd stepped out of the car some old bat was shouting at me about private land, trespassing, police etc. I pointed to the gear in the boot and explained I'd come to ask about day ticket fishing. Old bat sparked up again - private land, no fishing here etc. I held out the Mail article for her to see. This is your farm, isn't it? Cue further hostile raving. What could I do? I drove back to Whin's pond and resumed blanking til tea-time and I could go and collect the girl friend, back from up some mountain or other.

Back home, I phoned Anglers' Mail to ask why they're sending people on a wild goose chase. The bloke I spoke to listened and said, sorry, don't know who provided that one, we'll cross it off.

That was in 1998 and, no surprise, I've never been back. If I want to fish when in The Lakes these days, the only place I head for is Esthwaite Water at Hawkshead, an excellent fishery.