white swan fishing club in Arley

barblebasha

Reaction score
hi fellow fishermen,, can any of you help me out , as a kid i used to go to Arley with my grandad , i was about 6 the 1st time i went and had about 30 odd barbel ( with the help of my gramps setting me up casting me out ) i did bring them in myself ;), he used to be a member of a club called the whiteswan im not sure where the club was based , we come from the sandwell area (westbrom, smethwick, oldbury ) , before i was old enough to drive myself and take note of the route my grandad died , the stretch we fished we used to have to go down a long bumpy dirt track untill we came to a farm house where we used to pay ( i think, i was always lookin at the baby pigs in the sty when he went in the house )then we drove down a field and park by a old bridge n walk into the next field, i do have a photo of me with my haul of barbel and in the back ground i can see the bridge , can any of you help me finding this stretch or the whiteswan fishing club if its still going that is ,it was 30 yrs back , many thanks steve

the wise one

Reaction score
Possibly the white swan piscatorials?

White Swan Piscatorials

Not cheap to join tho, and I seem to remember you need to be recommended by an existing member.

T.W.O

Last edited:

barblebasha

Reaction score
cheers mate i will try n get intouch with them , i remember it was pricey back then , my grandad was a member (if it is this place ) and i was a jnr member my nan has proberly still got the memberships cards in 1 of her cupboards sumwhere but it will be like looking for a 1 certain stickleback in the severn lol, thanks again for your help :D